1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

uploading pics

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jul 8, 2005.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i attempted to upload a few pics.......650x450. the page said that there is no size limit on pics......but i got an error that my pics were to big???? any thoughts or help????
    chucktx
  2. Goose

Goose New Member

The file size must be too large. Is it in jpeg format? If it's a tif or other image format, it could be too large. If it's a jpeg, try compressing it more. jpegs are compressed images and file sizes are a lot smaller than other image formats.
  3. chucktx

im still having trouble....it is a 600x450 jpg. i checked the size of some of the other pics in the gallery and they were in the 800's......any other thoughts???? thanks for your time
    chucktx
  4. CD

CD Guest

What it means is the file size is too large not the pixel size. The resolution of the image is probably too high which makes the file too large to post.
  5. chucktx

ok, i got one pic to go........but i also got this msg....
    "You have exceeded your upload limit of 1 images per day."
    are we only allowed one pic per day??? that is ok, but seems a bit odd..... maybe you can look at the pic and tell me what i am doing wrong. i am not very puter literate!! lol lol.....
    chucktx