1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Upset

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ok, so ol' roadhog, my 06 electraglide left a spot of oil on the shop floor. upon further inspection it looks like the shift shaft seal. only have 31k on it! i call the dealer for a price on the seal. $2.60 plus tax. so i tear into it and 2 hrs later i am ready to replace the seal. thing is, it is gonna cost about $60.00 on top of that because of the other seals and gaskets that need to be replaced. not because they are bad, but because it takes 2 hrs to get to them! so anyway, i guess im down until i get the seals and gaskets.....but wait....i got an ol' pan that needs some miles on it.....ok, im not down!!!
  2. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Well man, you'll be back on her in no time and the wind will be back where it belongs... In yer face!!!:)
  3. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

awwwwwwwwww the joy's of having a backup bike, and your back up bike is beautiful as well.
    so dust it off,give it a bath, and take ride down memory lane......
    wishs i made enough money to afford that bike.....but i dont
    just think now you get to blow all the carbon out!!!!

TRG
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that's sucks , so what bike are you riding to TRG place?
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Sh*t, Chuck... that would have cost me about $500 cause I woulda had to bring it to the friggin stealership! Fix it up and get it on the road again... GIT ER DONE!

Cheers, brother.
  6. chucktx

im getting the parts tomorrow.....sat. at about 1pm. after that i have a date with the local rodeo.......go every year, so i guess i will put it together on sunday. shouldnt take but a few hrs.:) gonna have the 06 on the island.....:)
  7. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

wuss......perfect opertunity to take out the pan for a bit of a ride....and going to take out the 06...... what is up with that??!!! :roflmao:
  8. chucktx

mama's butt dont like the pan......nuff said.........;)
  9. AFNurse

ok....grant ya that.....mama ain't happy...NOBODY happy!!:banghead: :roflmao:
  10. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

:confused: won't the warnt. cover it?
  11. chucktx

i am over the 2 yrs by about 30 days, and didnt really want to try to get it through. a friend had the same problem last week...he still doesnt have his bike back yet. for a few hrs and 60 bucks or so i will do it my self and my bike doesnt leave the shop....and i know who to blame if not done correctly!!:)
    on a side note...my buddys dealership told him it was a 2 man job.....one on each side. i just dont see that. the only think on the right side is two allen bolts holding the starter.......but they hitting his warranty with 700 bucks to do it, and they arent sure when he is getting it back:witsend:
  12. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

don't blame you. always good to do the work your self:D
  13. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I'm kinda bummed too... Yesterday my tranny got stuck in 2nd gear... Couldn't find anyone who could help that had a trailer... Called my wife and I waited for her to get there so she could follow me... 30 mph In Charlotte is a death sentence... When she gets there, the dang this starts working again. Then it F's up again... Stuck in second. Wg=hen I finally limp home, it begins to work again. Thought... OK sounds like clutch, so I got out manual, read it and began to adjust. I bottomed out the adjuster, backed it off 1 turn, put it all togther, adjusted the freeplay and put it all together... All the while I'm thinking this is easy.. Well the long story short, put it in gear, let out clutch and I'm going nowhere... I feel I may have adjusted it too far... Any idears??? I am without my bike and I miss her...:( :confused:

I was able to go back in and readjust the clutch. Appears that I may have read the manual wrong, although it really doesn't explain in detail. I back out the adjuster till it got very easy, screwed the adjuster in until it got harder to turn, backed it off one turn and then put it all together. I have all gears and the clutch is better than its ever been. I am sooo glad I purchased the manual... It was an easy job
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  14. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

chucktx said: "On a side note...my buddys dealership told him it was a 2 man job.....one on each side. I just dont see that. The only think on the right side is two allen bolts holding the starter......"

Ain't you never seen American Chopper?!:p IT'S ALWAYS A TWO MAN JOB IF YOU TAKE IT IN! LOL One to hold a gun on you, the other to empty yer wallet!:wtf:

More than likely, it will be a mech. and his apprentice doing it. They charge fer two, but only pays one!:roflmao:

Good luck, Chuck![​IMG]
  15. chucktx

got ol' "roadhog" back on the road today.......just got in from a short test ride around the block......185miles. so far so good:D
  16. AFNurse

and only took one person maintance?? :roflmao:
  17. chucktx

well i guess i will confess here.....i did have an "ice tea runner"......she kept the glass full!!!!:)