1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Used Farm Equipment

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 1, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT INTERESTED IN USED FARM EQUIPMENT,
    BUT YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS AD TAKEN FROM CRAIG'S LIST.
    FIFTY YEAR OLD MANURE SPREADER - $1 (WASHINGTON, DC)
    Fifty-year old manure spreader. Not sure of brand. Said to have been produced in Kenya. Used for a few years in Indonesia before being smuggled into the US via Hawaii. Of questionable pedigree. Does not appear to have ever been worked hard. Apparently, it was pampered by various owners over the years. It doesn't work very often, but when it does it can sling crap for amazing distances. I am hoping to retire the manure spreader this November. I really don't want it hanging around getting in the way. I would prefer a foreign buyer to relocate the manure spreader out of the country. I would be willing to trade it for a nicely framed copy of the United States Constitution.
    Location: Currently being stored in a big white house in Washington, D.C.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346546085.108647.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Funny one. I got one but bear with me:

One day a teacher declared her 5th grade class "What my father does for a living day".

As the presentation proceeded it was the usual,mailma,fireman,policeman etc...until Tommy stepped to the front of the class. He explained" My father dances for men. He takes his clothes off when he dances for men. If any of the men are particularly nice to him and gives him money he will go home with them for the night." The teacher gasped and instructed her students to finish reading chapter 4.

In the mean time she stepped Tommy outside the class and quietly asked Tommy if this were really true. Did his father dance naked for men. Tommy replied "No not really but I was to embarassed to admit that my father's job was helping to get Obama re elected."
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

The manure spreader, the one in the picture, is really cool.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

How many folks would like to go back 50 yrs to spread manure.
    And how many folks would you think that even spread manure ?:rolleyes:
    Most folks today are city slickers man.
  5. badinfluence63

Not in farm country and there are still plenty manure spreaders in this country and thank God. Imagine having to import our food supply? Don't believe me...next spring traverese the country and take a good whiff as you go and no thats not your breathe blowing back in your face either.
  6. cardboard

Don't think you realize where I live. Nothin but cattle ranchers around me for many miles. Some of the older folks are dying off and they are selling some of the ranch lands to build a house or two.

Here is what the main road out of my neighborhood looks like man

[​IMG]
  7. FLHTbiker

We were up at the grocery store then Costco and all of the Oranges are imported from Australia, never seen that before. No, I would not buy any.
  8. cardboard

Florida and california having a bad year.
  9. FLHTbiker

I'll go without then.
  10. cardboard

I was ask'n a question man.
    I don't know.
  11. badinfluence63

Didn't realize you were talking about up your way. I was just reflecting on the country as a whole.

Up here in upper NE,getting past NYC,Hartford etc..its rolling hills of farmland,pastures and with family owned farms by the thousands. And traversing the midwest over the years I couldn't tell if Nebraska and Iowa was commercial/industrial farming or what as the fields rolled non stop for miles.

Having stopped in Anamosa,IA for the night we happened to be staying at the same hotel as these guys that bred/germinated various corn seed..we called them corn fornicators as the nite and the beers wore on,lol. Any way they said that some of the fields were so big that a combine could drive forward all day without turning around once. And that corn seed development ergo corn fornication was an exact science....go figure,who'da thought.
  12. cardboard

Couldn't tell you about the rest of the country man.
    I'm in the south and never been out of the south.
    Got no ideas about what happens up north.
  13. badinfluence63

That explains alot. Been all thru Texas and you can have it. Gets so hot it cracks pools and foundations. And its chocker block full of rednecks.

And Kansas is a bigger cattle state then Texas. I think Texas new export is illegal mexican alians.
  14. badinfluence63

I don't know about the rest of the country but up here in New England we have vasilated (for you Texas readers that means going back and forth) between extreme rain and extreme drought. That has to impact a crop you would think.