1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

V&H Dresser Duals

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by scottdawg, Aug 8, 2004.

1. scottdawg

scottdawg New Member

Has anybody out there installed a true dual header system on a dresser? Just curious if it helped/hurt/made no difference in performance or sound.

thanks
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I know of several who have done Reinhardt, Hooker, and a few others, all performed about the same, all are pretty expensive, I believe Samson sells the headers and you can put on any muffler you want,

true duals are better than stock but not as good as 2-1. Look good and sound good too.
  3. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

Like Hotroadking mentioned the 2 into 1 pipes are more expensive but will give the best performance. I have a 2004 Road King Classic with the stage 2 big bore kit and put the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 HS Pro Pipes. I used to have a 1998 Fatboy that had the short shots. V & H have always been my choice for pipes, but everyone has there favorite. V&H have seemed to always hold up to the extreme heat put out by the heads without discoloring. Ride Safe, David.