1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

V&H Straight Shots

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AFBombBldr, Jan 27, 2005.

1. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

Hey all, as much as I've read here about V&H and others' pipes, not much has been written about Straight Shots. Does anyone have experiences with them, good or bad?
    My bike--'04 Wide Glide, I'm thinking of jetting CV carb or going Mikuni, and high flow intake, but nothing major to the motor. Would like the torque curve to be pretty steady throughout.
    Are the SS pipes a good choice, or are they too much like drag pipes (i.e., reversion, loss of power)? I like V&H fit and finish, but will go with Big Shots Staggered or some slip-ons to keep some power.

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

Joe :D
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  2. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

Age old question

Can any of you guys provide some insights? Thanks!!
  3. AirJoe

AirJoe New Member

I've got a set on my '96 softail and like them just fine. Sound great and seem to perform as good or better than the SE slip ons I had before.

I was considering switching to a 2-1 like the pro-pipe to go along with some additional mods I'm planning. Everyone says the 2-1 will perform better because of "scavenge" or whatever. However, I checked the nightrider.com site's exhaust comparison and found the straight shots ranked pretty high for perfomance. Beat out a lot of the 2-1's too.
  4. lowrider

lowrider New Member

vance and hines

i had long shots on my fxr was very happy with them now i have a 95 lowrider and i have big radius by vance and hines only thing i would recommend is some kind of air cleaner i did a hypercharger, and a jet kit for the carb if you want to keep stock i did a yost tube kit it comes with a jet kit huge diffrence very happy good luck