1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

V&H versus Suppertrapp

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Marc, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Marc

Marc New Member

I am wanting to change out my Harley screaming Eagle mufflers on my 2003 Ultra and am looking for a different set of slip on pipes. I have been looking at the V&H newer ovals and at the supper trapp pipes. Does anyone know which is a better pipe for quality, sound and performance. The bike is fuel injected and I have already done the stage one to the bike. I know that it must be running lean as the muffler on the right side is already discoloring, so I probably will also have to go with a power commander.
  2. CD

CD Guest

As far as quality, fit, finish and support goes it is hands down V&H everytime. The Supertrapp and the V&H handle baffling differently. The V&H uses standard fixed baffles and the Supertrapp uses diffuser discs to vary the baffling. Both sound very different as the disc mute the sound and give sort of a hissing whoosh noise. Performance wise the Supertrapp is adjustable so you can balance the flow on true dual headers or on stock headers run very few discs and force most of the exhaust out the right side. I think you can probably extract more power from a diffuser disc system over a fixed baffle system but I just never have liked the sound.:confused:
  3. scottdawg

scottdawg New Member

Marc, which screaming eagle pipes do you have on your Ultra, 2 piece or 1 piece?

thanks
  4. Marc

Marc New Member

They are the slip on mufflers and the top right hand muffler is turning a brownish color due to being to lean and to hot on the right muffler. Looking at changing that with hopfully the help of a power commanded 111.

Thanks for the info CD, do you carry the suppertrapp as I did not see it on your online store.
  5. CD

CD Guest

Marc,

We do sell Supertrapp but the images are not there. If you go to http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/ and drill down to exhausts and Supertrapp you can see the images. Three flavers Megaphone, Fishtail and straight body with a selection of tips.