1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

valve adjustments

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by beau44, Jun 7, 2006.

1. beau44

beau44 New Member

Hello Folks, am hoping ya can help me out here, Had my heads redone on my 80 FX last summer, a good bro helped me but the motor back together and he adjusted the pushrods and for the life of me I cant remember the sequence as to wether its the front intake first and then not sure even after that. Have heard a little tickin so am thinkin they need to be reset, any help here would be greatly appreciated , I can remember he loosened them up and said to tighten them 24 flats or 12 turns, if this is wrong please let me know. ty
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if you want to be absolutly,100% correct with the adjustments, check the service manual....it explains it step, by step. it will be the best tool in the box..as for the 24 turns or 12 flats.....im not sure......have fun:D
    chuck