1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Vance & Hines Sideshots???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by tonju49, Jul 11, 2004.

1. tonju49

tonju49 New Member

Have a new night train and was looking at the sideshots. Anyone have any good/bad results with these pipes? Please help.
  2. bigfatboy

bigfatboy New Member

Reply to Tonju49

Tonju49

I am interested in Sideshots for my 03 Fatboy. But a technical person in response to my question of cornering said that they may drag during heavy cornering. I am concerned because of the way they extend down and out. So I have been holding off until I either see them on a bkie or hear from someone who has them on his bike.

Bigfatboy
  3. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Scraping :)

I like a little peg/pipe scraping now and then. It keeps me tuned-into the pavement and out of the weeds.
  4. GOTAFATTY?

GOTAFATTY? New Member

I run Sideshots on my 04 Fatboy, and I was concerned about the dragging as well, so I grabbed a buddy of mine and we leaned the bike over as far as we could, and the floorboards hit LONG before the pipes do. BTW the sound spectacular!!!!