1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

VDO speedo info / helpl

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by rickr01, Jan 20, 2005.

1. rickr01

rickr01 New Member

I got tired of my OEM Harley Speedo fogging over inside with condensation. I replaced the A, B, and now the superceded C versions at about $299.00 a pop to no avail. I decided to purchase a VDO 3 3/8 to replace my 1998 FXD speedo and try that after Harley finally said they all fog and nothing cures it but aftermarket. It is suppose to be highly rated, but then a friend said he did not think it has an odometer, nor that it will fit with any modification at all in the stock housing. I looked at the picture and it apperars to have an Odometer, and says nothing in the literature, but he thinks it is a trip meter only? Big Bummer! It is suppose to be very weather tight and well made however. I have not received it yet but should any day. Anyone have any insight on this at all please. How about mounting options?
    My stock speedo is mounted in the stock housing but on a welded on modified bracket that puts it low and on the back side of the triple clamp instead of up top and out front. I would love to keep it there.

Thanks
    Rick