1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Vee twin performance

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Dec 4, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well got an email on Thursday . Cylinders are done ! Left the shop early on friday to go get um . got caught up in traffic on the way there . should have been a four hour drive . took a little over 5 . Kirby was nice enough to wait around for me . It was friday a nice nite to go out with his bride for a ride and dinner . And insted waited around for me to pick up my parts!. thank you! Waiting on christmas vacation to put it together. weather is tooo nice to tear it down . Got riding to do . will file fit my rings . and get it ready to put together when the shop slows down for christmas . Thanks again kirby . Great person to deal with Guys! . P.S. I WANT TO MAKE A PASS ON THE SCOOT . CAN I TALK YOU IN TO IT AFTER A FEW SODA POPS ? :roflmao: Orlando speedway aint that far comon man!!!!;)
  2. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

bithlo is not the track to be running nitro HD`s on!! we qualified #1 @ the last 2 AHDRA races there (took runner up last year),no traction,wild "cowboy" rides!!
  3. baggerpaul

Lol that track seems to change every min . We ran there years back for the sreet machine comp . And had to put almost a sec delay on the nos or we would blow the tires out the gate strait pass 60 foot .next pass it was like glue and the car felt like it stood still.
    Never made a pass there again . High end also on right side drifts hard to left puts stains in your shorts real quick.!
  4. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

do we really need this crap on here????:wtf:
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey BP, I just got your messages. Cool. You were saying that the valves weren't to your liking? I am assuming that you are referring to some build up on them? You punched them to a 98" right? What cams are you using? If I remember right you just gave the ports a cleaning. Right???????????
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

No we don't. You can report this crap by clicking on the yellow sign lower right side of the message box. The boys will delete it when they see the report. (I reported this one myself )
  7. baggerpaul

both exhaust valve seats were not to my liking . there is not much short turn to play with on the twin cam heads . so if you start digging to make them real nice to the eye and remove to much material , you loose the short turn . they benefit from a bigger seat and then the short turn comes in real nice with out digging . and actually hurtting the heads flow . its all about the math here johhny . in all actual truth if you can make the flow better at the valve with out f-n with the ports you are better off . these were my heads . LET ME STATE THAT KIRBY ONLY DID MY CYLINDERS !!! AND THE WORK WAS AWESOME !!!! TWENTY MILES ON THE BIKE AND IM AT 4% LEAK DOWN THOSE RINGS SEATED ! very nice work . the cams in my bike are mike rolland jb . Tc1 just a baby cam . i spent more time on these heads than the hole job took . had the jugs off in twenty five min . took me six hours to do the head work!!
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's good, I ran a NOS 86 Vette at Bithlo on Runwhutchabrung night (Wed)
    for several years, 3.33 rear pumpkin from an 84 vette (only year you could get it and found one in a salvage in Atlanta) 96 Vette true dual pipes off a totaled test drive vette replaced the borla Y pipe with flowmasters because that sound is cool but too loud in a class encased rear compartment,

Had roller crane rockers, open intake filter cover, oversized runners, MSDL, and 150 shot balanced steel drive shaft little higher stall Tq converter and went through trans with shift kit Had a TPIS cam for it and then got into bike and custom ECM map chip from TPIS. Buddy in tampa with aluminum heads (I was running cast iron) and the same cam turned mid 10's.

This car was a consistent 12.50 at 103 to 107 1/4 miles.

That track can go from molasses sticky to full on cow nose snot slick in an hour...

I was there one night and they had one of the new c5 vettes, held my lane and not at my request to make me run the guy, either that or he asked for it, the c5 was supposed to be a low 13 to high 12 (in the right hands) car off the show room. He had no Idea
    I was running NOS, flat left his butt 60 ft out and all he saw was the back end, smoked him so bad he drove out the back of the strip along the fence, didn't get back in line... LOL

Did the same to a guy with a ZR-1, he had the 5 pt harness, roll cage, AA numbers on the window, talking about how fast it was, I just left the rear cargo cover closed all the time he he, Little button on the shifter, never lift the hood, had drag radials on a spare set of stock rims, never looked like it was that fast... I love sleepers...

Most fun was spanking smart alec youngsters in mustangs.

Now days you go out there and it's diesels and *** (yer kiddin "n i p" is a bad word, who's running the censor Tojo Yamamoto?)_ cars
    RX-7's are loud...
  9. baggerpaul

ya those rears came in the crossfire vetes with manual 4 sppeds with the overdrine automatic valve body units on the back of the 4 speeds hard to find those rears . take a good beatin also ! ya we showed up there with a full chasis car with a 540 big block alky car with a fogger on 10.5 tires with a 400 with a trans brake. 4.56 rear on them small tires we were pushing it a bit . when the suspension set up in the car was for 16 .32 slicks . we did all we could with the 4 link in the car . got it to hook like glue and then it was all over at the top end .was a hell of an o ****t moment .
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Was there when a guy hard shifted a new Viper into third at probably 100+ , car hooked
    either broke something or got slippery, sent it into the guardrail bam front end
    gone, next rear end found the guard rail... Not pretty walked away but
    totaled a new viper.

Biggest PIA was guys that didn't take care of things
    and oiled the track, some times that stuff happens things
    break. Then you sit there while the worlds slowest flame thrower
    (at that time two guys with propane tanks and torches) work
    the track.
  11. baggerpaul

well i have to say that 98 bagger is a hole lotta fun with the correct combo !!! and there is alot left in it with a little more lift.but she is a torque monster!!!could not help my self today had to roll on it a little on the highway . and it pulls like a bear fom 55 to 90 in a heart beat . gonna need a rear tire in know time . cant wait for it to finish breaking in . the motor is still to fresh to take it up in the rpm range ah hell guess ill have to ride it the rest of the week. lol