1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Very sad news.......

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 17, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad we all got to see this historic place...

With the passing of Texas Icon, Virginia F. Webb Shahan, a difficult business decision has been made by family members. Alamo Village is closed to the general public. Our gates have been open to the visiting public and to the film industry for fifty years. At this time, we choose to close the gates of Alamo Village in order to reconstruct management and possibly redirect our efforts toward new positive goals. The future possibilities for this historical movie set are many. At present time, managers and owners continue with sound decision making even in the midst of a troubled economy. Our future goal includes the pursuit of continued business relations within the film industry, producing more and even larger trail drives and promoting individual group tours. As decisions are finalized, announcements will be made to the general public.

more...

AlamoVillage

Attached Files:

2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I feel very fortunate to have gotten to go when I did even if the temps were 101* at 9:00am in the morin.

It was truly a experience to see and be there with friends.

[​IMG]
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

That's a bummer we were planing stoping there while on a road trip in the area.
  4. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Saw the Alamo when I was stationed at Ft. Sam for Medic training in '69 but never got to go in. Sure would have liked to though.
  5. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

That's a great pic. Cardboard is the only one I recognize since his pic is on his posts but are there any of the other folks in the pic that are on bike talk posts?:cool:
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Just the Redneck Dude in the Center with the Sailors Hat on !:gah:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, I recognized Chuck right off. To bad about it being closed that is a great piece of Texas history.