1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Victory crusier

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, May 5, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Has any one seen the I guess new cruiser from victory I seen one yesterday , look's space age buy comfortable , & wierd all at the same time , not as bulky as a gold wing & more the A ulter classtic
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

Are you talking about the new model they came out with last year? I think that is called the "Vision" . If you look at it from any angle it has a "V" shape to it. It is like the designer went nuts with the V for Victory idea.
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

if it is anything like the one I saw in sturgis..... look was different, tour pak was crap.... I THINK I could stow a pair of gloves and a soda in it.....forget long haul packing!!

That top box/tour pak....only a little bit in the MIDDLE is open.....rest of it is non-functional.....not even cut open......just a little box about the size of an ammo can for storage....take a look next time if you get the chance!

Attached Files:

4. cowboy

Yep AFN thats the one except for the color & pipe tips , I never got to look inside the bag's or t pack had more gadgets on the dash then I cared for , but it sures lights up in the rear
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

this???

Attached Files:

6. steveb

steveb Active Member

Yep thats the Vision. They had one at the bike show this winter. I noticed a couple of things with it .One the saddle bags come forward so far it is awkward for the passenger's feet and everyone that sat on it scrapped their foot across the saddle bags getting on and off because they come forward too far. After 2 days the saddle bag was scuffed quite abit.
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

In two words.........flat Ugly
  8. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Lifes to short to own a ugly scooter. That ones butt ugly. I'm not talking JLo butt ugly either I mean Larry the Cable Guy butt ugly.
  9. SK

SK New Member

Too space age for me.

Some of the other Victory cruisers are pretty nice though. They've worked many of the kinks out of the early models, to which there are several now.

Victory did what California Motorcycle Company couldn't do with the last incarnation of the Indian. Make it affordable, comfortable (those Indians sucked as they were just flat out uncomfortable to ride more than a few blocks), and original. By the time Indian came up with a slightly original motor plant from the cloned S&S, it was too late..bankruptcy.

Hope the next incarnation of the Indian is done right.
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sk, that makes two of us!!!!!:)
  11. FLHTbiker

I agree with SK to. As for that touring model besides being butt ugly you gotta have spiked hair to ride one and I ain't got enough to spike anymore. :D Besides I wouldn't be caught dead in a dog fight riding one. :gah:

One our chapter ride up to MT Saint Helen's on Sunday a guy joined us with a Kawy Vulcan 1550 I believe he said. V&H pipes. Sounded good but what a turd for power. We all took off from a gas stop and you know how everyone (especially me) likes to crank it on and we were. Well, I came up on him so fast the Kawy almost got himself eaten by me, man I had to really break hard. Later on he told me he had it cranked wide open. Said it only has 58 HP, that sucks for a big bike especially with a 1500 plus motor in it.

I did pick up a 3 inch long nail in the left side of my tread on my brand new tire. :cussing: Rode it home that way and never lost any air although I kept on checking it.
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  12. steveb

steveb Active Member

When I look at that bike I have a vision of some yuppie looking guy riding it
    with his significant other on the back communicating via helmet intercoms.
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I liken it to having sex with a fat girl

they are both fun to ride until someone sees ya doing it!
  14. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  15. stevenh

stevenh New Member

It's true, but I would like to take a spin on one just out of curiosity. Haven't seen to many on the road but wonder if they will catch on.

'Looks like it would be an expensive bike to drop. Even from a standstill.
  16. cowboy

yep the one I seen last sunday looked way to pricey to forget to put the kick-stand down , might be a totol after that :eek:
  17. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

FAT GIRLS NEED LOVE'N TOO:roflmao:
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I always thought it kinda looked like a fence jumper

ya know when the stud hoss jumps the fence and humps whatevers in heat in the next field?

Like a goldwing was screwing a bmw kLT1200 and this is what popped out!
  19. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Definitely not my cup of tea. I like Harley traditional looks, always did. I used to catch hell from my bros for riding a "garbage barge" until they needed a wrench or a part or some where to put the beer. Last I heard Arlin Ness and Cory were Victory's design team leaders. Arlin was always a little far out there even back in the 70's 80's and I suppose Cory is a chip off the ol block. If I was ever going to buy other than Harley it would probably be an Indian the new ones (not on the market yet) have retained the classic Indian looks AL
  20. Blackmouth

Blackmouth New Member

I didn't like the Vision in pics but thought I would give it a chance.
    You know, hold judgement until I saw it in person.
    Well I saw it at a local rally and wasn't too pleased.
    Not the most attractive Victory out there...I do like some of the other Vic's.

I'm the type of guy that finds something to like on just about any bike, but damn, Victory is pushing me to the limit with this model...I'm still trying to find something...still trying.....and trying.....and trying....

I'll get back to you folks later if something develops......