1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Victory Going Bye Bye

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Fatboy128, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

It's sad to see Victory being dropped. Apparently the main reason is that the engine wasn't designed for the tougher Euro air quality requirements coming to Euro and the US soon. Whereas the Indian motor is OK for them. I think that we'll see Indian get dropped within the next couple of years too. Not as many units being sold compared to Victory. My son's shop has Victory and is a major seller of Kawa and Victory's. They tried to get Indian to replace the Victory line and was told not effin way. So it seems they are keeping all their eggs in one very weak basket. JMHO
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well Indian had a massive presence at Bike Week,
    Full demo rides at the Speedway with a massive bike
    display, plenty of bikes to sit on, some hooked up so
    you could use the electronics, all on center stands so you
    could put up your feet, Also a display on beach street
    at the Indian dealer, had one on Main street, tons of Indians
    rolling around.

I don't thing the environmental issues of the EU was the issue
    it was the cost to market, supply, manufacture and sell two lines.

Indian and Victory buyers have moved on from HD but still want
    classic vtwin sound and looks, Victory was edgy ness style, Indian classic
    has history, Indian won out, I think you'll see them do well, in fact the new 17 is
    very nice, I was close to buying one, if they hadn't made me such a deal
    on the 16 RCU I would have got the 17 indian over a 17 harley.

Just to ride something different, bigger screen, better interactive system
    better gps, electric adjustable windshield, bigger tour pack, better seat, removable lowers, more power..

Not sure why your sons dealer can't get Indian unless they require a
    complete new building independent of other brands, that's what is
    happening here, maybe his boss didn't want to commit a few mill to
    the product.
  3. Diz Jr.

Diz Jr. Member

Seems strange that Indian wouldn't want to get bikes out there to replace the Victory's :wideyed:
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

That 2017 indian roadmaster with new command center is the shit. Curious about the fit and finish. Couple years ago i tested the vintage over to laconia bike wek and was not impressed with fit and finish. Also worried about longevity issue. Hate to be stuck with and out of production bike.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

They have separate buildings. They were told loyalty to the existing dealer. I hear what your saying but they sold far more Victory over Indian and maybe they have a higher profit margin but far fewer sales. It really comes down to that and the fact Indians can be sold over seas. The Victory engine can't.