1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Victory motorcycles

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by rich264, Aug 17, 2008.

1. rich264

rich264 New Member

any one ride any of the new vegas victory bikes?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My son-in-law has a 07 vegas 8 Ball , Nice rideing Bike & very fast
  3. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I've only heard good things about them so far. It would be nice to get something like a customized Harley for a lot less, but when I went to their site, it seem really pricey.
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Yeah, like 4 grand more for a base Vegas than a Dyna ??? Several years ago I ducked in the area Polaris/Victory dealer & they had 3 of the nice Sport Cruiser models no longer made on sale for $9988 & if I'd had the $$$ at the time I'd have bought one. $16,000 for a base Vegas I wouldn't do even if I had the $$$ - I've got less than that in 2 Sportsters (which is my favorite anyway). If you like the Sportster style & want to go bigger, to me the Dyna would be the way to go. Compared to a Victory you'd have $$$ left over for accessories & a vastly larger service & support network.

The Victory bikes are dependable though - one guy on our Sportster list has the highest mileage one there is (over 150,000 miles last I heard) & he hasn't done anything to it other than normal maintenance since he got it new, but he also bought it when the prices were lower than a comparable H-D. I just don't see $4000 more motorcycle there today.
  5. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

you'll never get thre custom parts, you can on a HD:eek:
  6. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Quoting Art: "I just don't see $4000 more motorcycle there today."

Me neither. In fact, a late model Dyna is beginning to look like a good deal to me. I have gotten really cozy on my Sporty lately though. Maybe I'm getting my mojo back after a few spills or maybe I've done 3500 in 3 months and am just gettin' the hang of it. If it turns out I can't afford a Dyna right now, I'll be happy with my Sporty anyway.
  7. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Might be my immagination but it seems to me that the Victory pricing went up considerably when they teamed up with the Ness family! Also they don't seem to have as high of a resale value. My son has an 03' V92C, very dependable, and very fast. Other than the V-Rod, none of the stock HD's can out run it! He wanted a Fatboy put didn't have the $$ for one. He got a good deal on this one, 03' 92 cubic inch with 8K on it for $6500. So far he is happy with it, and he was able to buy American! I guess it will hold him over until he can afford a Fatboy.

Has a nice feature that HD doesn't have, you dont' need a meter to check basic elctrical functions. There is a button by the swithces on the handle bars. When you push the button you flip through menu on the LCD read out on the speedo. It gives you info like, current battery voltage, stator output charging voltage, etc.

The biggest issue my son has is that the dealers don't seem to stock a full line of parts. One of the dealers in our area didn't even have the engine oil in stock for his bike. Like HD, they have their own brand name on a semi-synthectic oil. But not a problem, he switched over to full synthetic. Here's a couple of pic's, he has since painted it flat black.

Attached Files:

8. cowboy

Darn Ringo what are the bricks for under the Kick stand , My son-in-laws don't need then , I gues he got in right before the price change as he bought new & with custom pipes & remap was only 14K out the door & the dealer he bought his from uses Amsoil & told him to use it , the same dealer has a ouple of H D dealer shipes in the area & is high priced over there
  9. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Not sure about the bricks, but I think the kid was trying to get the bike to sit more verticle for his pic's. My son switched over to Amsoil also. I was really impressed when I rode it. It has alot of torque and your runnin a 100 mph before you even realize it.
  10. cowboy

Yep That's what I was thinken, If you think that 92 in has tq try one of the 100 in , it will lay you back to arm's lengh real fast:D , My son-in-laws 8 Ball is sport bike fast , from start to stop
  11. brook

brook New Member

Bike

I didn't ride in this bike. But i heard its amazing to ride in this bike.

--------------------------
    Brook

Shreevysh Corp
  12. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

we'll see, time wll tell. HD has survived the test of time many times over. victory prices seem to be climbing at a ripid rate. plus they don't look to great. just a fade:devil: