1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Victory!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I finally changed my oil without bloodshed and with no spilled oil! I got a new oil filter wrench today, which is one of those with the band. I forgot I needed a new one and was at the Checkers without the filter. Turns out they have filters for my bike at Checkers ($6.49 in black), so I was able to see what the correct size was. I can't believe how much easier it is to use that instead of the big socket-looking thing that fits on the end.

I even changed the lines going to and from my oil filter, which was the cause of the leak that caused the mud to stick so persistently on my motor.

Success!
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

congrats on your endevor Abby and careful on your trip
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I think I paid at least 3 times that $6.49 for my Harley-D one. Good info.
    Ride safe!
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

good job...good info on the oil filters.

I do really like my Kent-Moore socket filter wrench. Fits perfect and never a slip. I use a long 3/8 drive extension and long handle swivel head 3/8 drive Mac ratchet and have never had a problem. Did have when I used some of the cheap cup oil filter wrenches, they went in the trash can.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i knew you could do it! the strap will work on your bike better than on a dresser. glad ya got it handled!! stay safe and have fun!
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

245 miles today and no leaks! :D