1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Video tape a Buffalo....?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 22, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

saw it on the news.............how stupid!!!!!!!
  3. FLHTbiker

Everytime I've gone through Yellowstone there is always some person trying to get to close to the animals. Saw one Japanese guy one time trying to sit their small child on a Buffalo that was laying down. They wanted to get a picture of the kid on the Buffalo. Ranger was screaming at them, good thing to cause them Buffalo are big and can be nasty tempered. :rolleyes::banghead:
  4. chucktx

and pretty quick also!!!
  5. FLHTbiker

Was sitting on the bike in a traffic jam in Yellowstone one year. A women cam walking up from behind us and wanted to get a picture of the Buffalo crossing up in front of us. A guy in a car yelled at her to look behind her, crap here was this huge bull Buffalo about 4 feet behind her. She comes running up to us screaming help and I told her look lady he come over here and were bailing so your on your own. Danged if that guy didn't come walking right up beside us. Had the kick stand down, motor shut off and told the wife don't look at him. Cheese, I could have reached out and grabbed a whole handful of fur. Lucky for us he kept on walking up the road weaving between the cars. Crap, that guy was huge.
  6. steveb

steveb Active Member

When we have been out at Sturgis I have seen the idiot city people try to get close to take pictures like they were a cat or dog. When that starts to happen I leave .i grew up on a farm with cattle and I know I can not out run a mad bull.
  7. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: Wife and I saw a tour bus load of japs unload with all of them running yelling wolf in Japanese slang. We laughed our asses off. The wolfs all ran off with the japs in hot pursuit. :roflmao:
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

heres yer sign...
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I saw this on another site and what seems very obvious to me is that someone throws something at the buffalo which makes him agitated. They dont' talk about it but you can kind of see something hit his back which makes him jump. The lady taking the movie was keeping a good distance I thought but when some other jackoff throws something at the animal the poor lady is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

still approaching a 1200+ pound wild animal in the open, no protection

Here's yer sign....
  11. FLHTbiker

I like what the commentator said from the news station, here kitty kitty eat out of my hand. To many visitors think they can just walk right up to the animals without ever thinking that there still wild animals. The stupid tourist is one of the reasons why we try and avoid Yellowstone Park anymore, plus all the continued road construction.
  12. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

That would be my wife. She treats every animal like its a cute little stuffed animal. On my 20th wedding anniversary, coming up, I am thinking of taking her on a safari.
  13. chucktx

:roflmao:
  14. FLHTbiker

:eek: no funeral costs that way :roflmao::roflmao:
  15. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I always say, this wep site it full of good ideas:D
  16. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If you ain't got enough learnin to stay away from a Buffalo I don't know what to say except yer bread's not dun.

They ain't a Pet and you ain't gonna intimidate em.:gah:

Take yer butt back to the big City and stay.
  17. Chrome

Chrome New Member

I did one of those drive thru safari things once.....I ran out of food, and my car got rammed by a Ram!! wild is still wild....
  18. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Just Like Forest Gumps momma always said "Stupid is as stupid does".
    And trying to get close to a large wild animal is doing about the stupidest thing there is.
    Just a couple of weeks ago I was at Lake Isabella and many of the areas where you can get to shore line are also cattle range. They just put up cattle guards at the gates.
    While driving along the shore looking for a place to fish, I see this young guy trying to get a photo of his girl up next to the Cows. As I got close I noticed a set of balls hanging from the "cow" she was getting way to close to. I stopped rolled down my window and hollered at them "Hey, You know that's a bull don't you?", they nodded yes so I drove off. Them range bulls are never a good idea to get close to, most of them are Down-right mean.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  19. FLHTbiker

I've been out deer hunting and them damm range bull kicking up dirt cause I was in their area. I walk a big circle around them boys. Was sitting on a stand one time while deer hunting over in the Murders Creek area out of John Day Oregon. Crap, heard this crashing through the brush coming up a rise from behind me. Dang heard of wild horses and the Stallion come charging up towards me. Put a tree between him and me and slowly backed out. Told a rancher later on that day and he got pissed at me cause I didn't shoot him. Says the old boy was stealing horses from the ranchers. To beautiful of an animal to shoot.