1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Waiting on Thunderheaders what should I do until then?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by edgehaha, Jul 27, 2006.

1. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

I have an 06 Dyna. I'm installing a power commander and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker, but I have some thunderheader 2X1 pipes on back order. Will the Arlen Ness Big Sucker make my engine run lean by itself? I want to install the power commander and the Big sucker with stock pipes, but if there are any reasons I should not with out installing pipes, I would like to know. Is there a PC map for a big sucker and stock pipes? Eventually I'll get the thing on a Dyno, but what can I do not to screw things before I do!?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to put the filter and powercommander and download a map for stage 1 for that bike and be fine, probably be a bit rich if you select SE pipes, then pop on the thunderheader when it comes in.
  3. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

thanks Hotroadking. That's about as fast a reply as anyone could hope for! I think if my Bob runs a little rich, that should be okay. I'll check the plugs after my first long ride to see if it's too rich. The map for the SE pipes sounds like a great idea!:D

I know those thunderheaders will sound great and I'm hoping for a nice HP/tq boost as well. After I get it tuned; I'll post the results. It would be nice if people would post before and after results on stage I and Stage II mods.
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I did the same type of thing...had the PCIII, ness air box, and not the pipes... In the time of waiting, I loaded the "Zero" map. was a bit more rich then the factory, but not as rich as the free flow map for the pipes (ran cooler, so I was happy!). When the new pipes came in, just updated the map to the one for the set up with the new pipes.
  5. CD

CD Guest

If your bike is stock...use a MAP for a stock ECU. The PC comes with base MAP for a stock bike. It is slightly richer than the stock settings. I also would probably install the PC only as that would eliminate the lean pop and then install the Big Sucker with the T-Headers and install the correct MAP.
  6. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

All, Thanks for the help. I think I'll go with CD's advice. I want to keep tinker time down and riding time up. ;)
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

shoot.......i would get a bottle of tequilla and a woman!!!!! kinda makes waiting bearable!!!!!:D :D :p
    chuck
  8. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

I like kentucky whisky, and red neck girls! But where the hell am I gonna find that in SoCal!? But I aint picky! A good time is a good time! ;)
  9. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Anticipation, anticipation, anticipation.
  10. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Redneck girls and halter-tops. Wahooooo…
    How do you spell neck? RED.
    How do you spell red? NECK.

:D