1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Waiting with Anticipation

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 20, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I cannot tell you how excited I am at this moment. I waiting for some rough pictures of a project that I am about to embark on for my bike.

What I got going on is that I am talking with a guy out of Michigan that is going to make me a custom brake pedal for my bike. I would not do this normally, (ok so maybe I would), but in this case it is more out necessity than it is for just something to change. I am doing this because my head pipe sticks out a alot causing my pedal to be tucked in, which causes me to be pigeon toed when I am braking. (My feet are at the edge of the pegs because of the pipes). I sent him some rough measurements of Friday. I think this is going to be cool because the pedal is going to be completely custom, nothing like I have never seen. :D:D
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

excellent nothing like custom metal work....
  3. JohnnyBiker

I think that I am going to have the guy make up some pegs for the bike as well that flow with the theme that I am after. I am too excited!! :D:cool:
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

how long is it going to take him to make the pedal? Guess you won't be getting much sleep from thinking about it.
    Pegs sound like a good idea too.
  5. Wideglide85

Wideglide85 Active Member

The coolest stuff on my bike is the one-off home made stuff. There's not another license plate bracket, air cleaner cover, or kicker pedal exactly like mine. Enjoy your cool new parts JB!

Attached Files:

6. JohnnyBiker

I won't be doing anything until my season is done which is in about a month. I will be able to sleep fine. the pegs are the cool thing, but I have seen some stuff similar as far as my pegs go so I am not sure if I am going to go with my original idea yet. I have plenty of time to think it over. :D
  7. JohnnyBiker

Well, i got my pdf file with a drawing of what is that I am going to put on my bike for a brake pedal. I am really happy with it, but, as always, there is a lot of tweeking that has to be done before the milling can be done. I have spoke to Gary (the guy who is going to make the stuff), about some ideas that I have for pegs. I think that we have a good plan, but there is a long way to go on that one. I am planning to have that done at the same time as my pedal so I can have everything done and on the bike at the same time. :D
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

make sure he sends you a rendering
    to be sure he knows what you want
    before he makes it and you end up with a custom
    pedal that isn't what you wanted...
  9. JohnnyBiker

Well I got my cad drawing of my brake pedal yesterday. And I must say that I am I more anstsy than ever to get this done. This thing is going to be wicked. The only problem is that I will not be able to show it on the forum in case there some CR police online. That is a bich, but what do you do??? :eek:
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Post it anyway and the hell with the CR police. Half the stuff on the market is a rip off of some other guys ideas anyway.
  11. JohnnyBiker

Ok, you talked me into it. here it is.

This is just a rough cad drawing right now. I think that I have the particulars worked out. How much does chrome fill? What is the thickness?

Attached Files:

12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that should work.........i like the design........
  13. JohnnyBiker

Thanks, the area where the pedal starts to bend is going to be a little sharper and longer, just have not figure out by exactly how much just yet. :D