1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wall of Death

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 2, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Meet this lady Cookie Crum at a HOG chapter meeting last week and she is the real deal. Very interesting to listen to and talk to about her history and the years of riding the wall of death. They have set it up at the dealership for the 4th of July weekend and Cookie Crum (her real name) will be there.

Check out the article.

Meet Cookie Crum, 'Queen of the Hell Drivers' - Oregonlive.com
  2. FLHTbiker

Went and watched the Wall of death show today, way cool. These guys ride a vintage 32 Indian inside this area that is like a giant wooden barrel with the top cut off. Simply amazing and they get two guys at a time up there.

There are now only 3 of these operating in the USA now so if you ever get a chance to go see it do it, its well worth it.
  3. FLHTbiker

OK, last post for this thread, here are a couple of pics, some are a little blurry as they were moving faster than the camera could click the photo.

Attached Files:

4. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Looks like a good time. If I read right that lady is 77 years old? Damn. I hope I able to just ride the bike down a straight flat street at that age.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i would love to sit and talk to her for an evening.......the stories i bet she could tell!!!!! hope somebody does a biography of her before it is too late.......
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I seen a set up like back in the earley 70's , you could feel the stand shake under your feet while watching the riders go round , very cool to see :cool:
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Nice! Thanks for posting that.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

saw a couple of shows like that ..a number of years ago at Sturgis and a few years ago at the Stampede..they make it look real easy. read the article on cookie Crum....quite the gal and well deserving hall of famer