1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Way to Go Abbey

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 10, 2008.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Abbey, your article in this issue of HOG Tails was great. Grand Prize winner is pretty darn good. You really did do a lot of riding in the time you had. Great Job and congratulations. :cool:
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks! I just got it today. They edited it slightly, but nothing that bothered me. It's very exciting to see it in print. I wish the non-rider who had taken the picture would have fit the whole bike into the picture, but oh well. That was on top of Beartooth Pass.

I'm very happy about it. :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

COOL deal!!!!!!!!! i should get mine tomorrow or the next day.....cant wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've been over Bear Tooth Pass several times and enjoy it every time. Last time there we went to the HOG rally in Billings. When we got to the top I told the wife and the others that I would see them at the bottom down in Red Lodge. The road to the bottom was full of tight curves all the way and I enjoyed every second of it. Be surprised how those Ultras can lay down in a tight corner, it was a lot of fun. Don't much care for having to go through Yellowstone Park but Bear Tooth makes it worth it.
    Anyway really cool getting your article listed in HOG Tails.
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

ALMOST makes me wish I was a HOG member so I could read it!!! Congrats on the WIN Abby! (so, when you getting the pay off so you can get that new wheel??!!)
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh, it's already come and gone. I'm getting the wide tire kit instead. I went down a couple of weeks ago and had him write it up and gave the certificate as a deposit. I'm thinking about doing the wheel at the same time, since there wouldn't be an additional labor charges. I'm waiting to see how my taxes work out to make that decision.
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Hey Hot01, what size wide tire kit are you gonna do? I noticed the handling is WAY different with a 240 rear than the stock tire.....just something to think about, I know how you like the twisties. But then again you are a more experienced rider than me. Maybe it won't be that big of a deal to you.

Ps. Congrats on the article, although I didn't see it yet.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It's not very radical at all. I think it goes from a 130 to a 150. The size is now stock on Softails - has been since '04 I think. As small a difference as it sounds, it is noticeable. It's really more of a cosmetic change.
  9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Just got an issue today and it was great to see your article and picture, way to go Abby! I'll try to scan a copy for those who don't have it.
  10. gutierg

gutierg New Member

First of all, congrats to Abby, it has to make you very proud to get your story published by Hog Tales, pretty interesting and just great that one of our own made it! Good for you Abby, keep it going. I was only able to read it last night when my issue arrived.

As far a Voodoochild is concerned, all I have to say is that riding a 240 mm rear on the new V-Rod is very enjoyable, that was one of the items I was most concerned with when I was thinking of a new bike, his bike looked so cool, I had to try to keep up with him!!

I think Abby is going 180 or 200 mm wide tire kit? You will find out that you can enjoy the turns even more. I am not an aggressive rider by any means, but I certainly feel that the bike handles better going into the turns.

Good luck and when you get there, let us see some images please? Oh and keep your tales going ;)

German
  11. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Congratulations on the win, Abby. A great honor and well deserved. I really enjoyed your story.
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

just recieved my copy!!!!! great article!! you are a fine writer and i am proud to know you. not many can write about there trips with the ability to make the reader feel as if they are right there with you!!!!! you have got that abillity!! my hat is off to you, thanks again!!!!:)
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

OK I'am like AFN , I don't get the hog mag , But congrets Abby & you should enjoy the 150 over the 130 , that little bit will help out some on mort then just look's from what I have heard
  14. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

Congrats Hot01. Nice story.:)