1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

We have yer name

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 20, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thought you might want to see this Got a friend that works for a attorney that sent this to me.

The instructions to delete are spot on so if you follow what's below, you can quickly get your name off the site.

Even if this is not accurate for you, it has been for several friends and family members. Too much private info---I thought we should get the word out ASAP. Here are the instructions on how to delete the info:

There’s a new site called www.Spokeo.com that’s an online USA phone book with everyone’s personal information: everything from pics you’ve posted on Facebook or any other website anywhere. Included is your approximate credit score, home value, a picture of your home, income, age, etc. You can remove yourself by first searching for yourself on their site to find the URL on your page. Copy that URL, then hit the Privacy button in the bottom right corner of their page. Follow the instructions to remove yourself. Check your email after that for an email confirmation, follow the instructions, and then wait about 2 minutes and recheck and it should be gone. I checked and my whole family is listed there. They will only allow you to remove two listings I think.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Good public service post CB. I did it a few weeks ago.
    :cheers:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i just checked and you and your ol'lady are on there.....spooky...:eek:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am not on there.........live to deep in the woods i guess.........
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

They have me at a location about 15 years ago.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Yea !
    REal Good, we got out drivers license up in Livingston like 10 yrs ago.
    Their gittin stuff from credit and my business I had
    So let them keep us down there.
    I've been up here for 4 yrs.:gah:

I ain't going to ask em to remove anything, think they are still gathering more infor. and don't want em to git my email address, cause it changed too........... as well as my cell phone number:roflmao: