1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Well i did it

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I went out & bought A helmet it's the first one in about 30 yrs I stay out of states with a lid law , I got A HJC half helmet , it felt kinda funnie to were it , but I plan on going on the RUN-FOR-THE -WALL next may & some of the eastern states call for a lid
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

we are planning the same run cowboy........maybe we can get hooked up??!:)
  3. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Im still refusin !
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am suprised at your reply dutch.....being in the med field and all....cool reply, just suprising.....:)
  5. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I'm up in MA and I hate helmets too but have to wear them! All states around me do not require helmet. I do wear a piss pot and only been hassled once. Have a safe and fun ride.
  6. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

We're actually a state that adopted a DOT minimum helmet law... Both my wife and I are pissed over that one... And we had heard that "no helmet" legislation was winning over supporters... Pisser!!!:)
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have alway's felt that if over 18yrs old let those who ride decide , this is the first helmet I have owned in 30yrs , I do have a couple for when my grands kids ride with me left over from when my kids where under 18
    Chuck I'am looking at some knee surgery hope to have it done over the holidays so I can be ready to ride in May :D I'am planning to ride to Alb Nm to meet up with my brother & bro-in-law & some of there friends . or ride up the kanasa & meet them there with a friend from here havent looked at any type of milage to eather place , but plan on taking the central route