1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Well, I probably won't get to ride this year either

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, May 20, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

So, don't make it easy on me if you guys wanna ride to California cause I just got hired at Houston Kawasaki. I'll be working there Thursday through Saturdays with the exception of race weekends where I'll be off Saturday. I just got the call today. Soooo, I guess I'm committed for a while. This will be good for me. Heck, they're starting me at 17 and hour. I didn't know wrenches made that much now days. I'll be taking home, with my IRA checks, more than I did at the plant. And, I get to keep my shop going here at the house, too. That's just bonus cash.

Anyways, there won't be any riding on Saturdays for me for a while. I'll work there for a couple of years probably anyhow. It's only three days a week. It's 120 miles to the shop from my house, but I can stay at Brazos Bend State Park, showers and electric, for 15 bucks a night in my van. I have ac and the comforts in that, quite comfy for a night or two each week.
  2. SK

SK New Member

Are you saying you can't make AZ this Labor Day? Gotta have one week this year to have some fun..that's why your semi-retired..right? ;)
  3. CD

CD Guest

Goose!

Man, you've got to make it! Bob is coming down and we want you there! Feel that? That's all of us twisting your arm.....
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, I'll talk to Brad about it. If we ain't busy, maybe I can. I have to feel the place out first before I can make any demands, LOL. I might can talk him into tues-thurs that week and leave Friday morning. I'll just have to see.
  5. SK

SK New Member

Counting on ya Goose!

Hell..I'm gonna call DaleRK and see if there's any chance of him making it. He could meet me in Las Vegas and come out. He's a union rep now for the teachers association..so doesn't have to teach and be ready for the first day of class like he used to. We could have some sort of ole MC Online reunion. :D
  6. Seahag

Seahag New Member

I've got an idea!

First of all Congrads on landing such a nice job Goose! I too just found new work after being laid off for 6 weeks. I landed a security counselor position with the state :D in a maximum security mental hospital. Great pay and benefits and since mentally ill and dangerous people rarely if ever get well enough to release...I've got a job for life...well atleast till age 55 when you get mandatory retirement :D :p ...Anyway for my idea, I told my new employer that I have a wedding in which I'm a groomsman to go to out of state so I'll need four days off....Its really a motorcycle trip to the Black Hills but I laid a guilt trip on the super about my buddy having to find another man to stand up for him in such a short time and it all went over smoothly ;) I don't know if you've got any friends of age to marry or not....but if you're to old for that maybe you could use the fictitious funeral in which you are a pall bearer. I'd say anything to go on a motorcycle trip!
  7. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, I guess I could tell 'em my daughter's getting married, but what happens if she does? :eek: LOL Congrats on the job, Seahog! My wife worked for the state, but left under duress. She's has a BSW and a lot of years as a social worker and also has an LVN license. LVNs are making a killing and there are jobs everywhere, so she won't be out of work long.

I'm going to try and make it for sure. I've gotta buddy up to them and maybe they'll let me work tues through thurs that week. Only thing, I might be busy that time of year since I'll be the only tech doing four wheelers. The other guy will only do bikes. :rolleyes: That's right before bow season in Texas, so the hunters will be getting their ATVs out of moth balls about that time I'll bet. But, I don't wanna miss seeing Bob. He don't get down this far south all that often.