1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Went Shooting

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 16, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Bored today...No work...raining for weeks now. So went down to the Clackamas County Sheriffs indoor rang to finally shoot my new Taurus 2 inch 357 revolver. They allow the public to come in which helps them cover costs of operating the rang. $15.00 no matter how many guns you got. Cop had his assault rifle in there, dam they shoot fast.
    Holly crap that little gun has got a kick in 357 mag. Put a target out at 15 yards to start. Put them all in the black right of the bull ring in a group about 3 inches. Either the gun is shooting a bit to the right or I'm pulling em right, probably me. She shoots pretty good so I ran it out to 25 yards. Group got a little bigger but still all in the black, still shooting a bit right but one actually made it in the bull ring. Not bad for a 2 inch barrel and a shaky old guy with the county cops watching yea. :D Probably shoot better than most of them.
    Impressed with the Taurus, makes a good carry firearm.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great fun!!!!!!! if the trigger pull is a bit on the heavy side, a right handed shooter will pull right......lighten the pull and see if it does better. how did it do single action???
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Trigger pull is pretty light and crisp. I was shooting it in single action mode.
    Just need to get used to it. :D
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds right to me!!!!!!!!!!! have fun with it!!!!!!!
  5. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

yeah, that's a nice piece.

I always thought that the better the sites the easier it is to aim. I have this old S&W 9mm and its got these sloppy sites and I can't group it to save my life (pardon the pun). But when I pick up something with smaller sites I have a easier time with it.

I'm not a weapons expert by no means.