1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What Chrome Polish do you use

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Feb 4, 2008.

1. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Which is the best in your opinion and why? Do you use any particular tools other than your fingers and a good arm?

Comments, suggestions?

Regrads,
    German
  2. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I use Harley Gloss on the paint and chrome. Easy to use and it makes everything shine but I don't know if it puts any kind of protective coating on it. I wax the paint occasionally.
  3. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Mother's is all I use at this point. A bit pricey compared to some others but I love the easy of use and final results.
  4. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I was wondering about the same thing. I used a little Simichrome yesterday, but I'd like something that can help with some light pitting if possible. Never heard of "Mother's', is it available generally??
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yes mothers is generaly avalible, I use it or I will use neverdull, then on the the paint I wax it regularly with amsoil drywash or 2000
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i use semmichrome also, but if i have a bit of pitting, i use flitzt!!!!!! i use the ol' finger in a rag method, and a powered buff....just depends on where i am polishing.....:)
  7. fireitup

fireitup New Member

no spit

Gosh i was spitting on mine. Seriously though I thought just a washing was good enough. I'll add some chrome polish next time. Thanks:)
  8. chucktx

let me rephrase my post just a bit.....i use polish maybe twice a year.....the rest of the time i just wash and blow. i feel that the time washing,waxing,polishing can be better spent riding!!!:D
  9. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

chucktx, is " flitzt" the name of a real product that can help eliminate pitting?

just checked your posts and those are some really interesting bikes you have, just great looking machines.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  10. fireitup

fireitup New Member

its cleaning time

:D yeah well this is the time of year for me to clean it up. So I will get chrome polish. Once the real nice riding weather hits I have no time for cleaning, like you I'd rather be riding. fireitup
  11. chucktx

sorry, i added an extra "t" on the end....here is a link to the product...

http://www.flitz-polish.com/?source=gg&camp=flitz&grp=name&term=flitz&&s_kwcid=flitz|746662339&gclid=CJqDztinrJECFQ9vHgodLV2dWQ
  12. fireitup

fireitup New Member

wrote it down

Thank you, I wrote it down. My bike looks so bad. Needs cleaning bad. :gah: fireitup
  13. chucktx

take some before and after pics......:)
  14. fireitup

fireitup New Member

Before and after

Well I don't know about the before part. Its bad. Wish it had a self cleaning button on it. Only will do. fireitup
  15. chucktx

hehehe....dont we all!!:)
  16. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

thats why I like the dry wash, spray it on and wipe it off putts a quick shine on and helps keep the bugs from sticking so bad on the faring and bags, If it is real bad then you just wash it in the rain, :roflmao: mine was getting a regular wash last year:cussing:
  17. fireitup

fireitup New Member

rain works

Rain works too. Only mine has road salt on it now. So as soon as the rain ends here I'll be making very regular cleanings till the salt season ends. We had a nice day for this time of year a few weeks back and I couldn't resist riding even though I knew road salt infestation. fireitup
  18. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I Prefet Neverdull, Works Great On Pipes, And Just About Everything Else. Won't Hurt The Paint, Good For The Mirriors, Speedo, Polished Alum. And Leaves A Protective Coat So All You Have To Do Next Wash, Is Shine It Back Up. $5 A Can That Will Last A Long Time.
  19. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

The only thing I ever used on my chrome is window cleaner, Windex, Sparkle, etc. JMHO but I have found it to clean and shine chrome better than anything else I have tired, including Mothers, Never Dull and a few others. My Heritage is 6 years old and I have no pitting or rust on any of the chrome.:D
  20. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

I too use windex on my chrome in between regular washing and I use the Mister Clean washing gizmo to wash followed by a light waxing with Meguiars I also use the meguiars on the chrome every other wash :)