1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What have I done?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cuedude, Jul 21, 2006.

1. cuedude

cuedude New Member

:( I recently purchased a second hand 2004 VRSCB from a guy in Montana. He's a good guy, and I believe what he says. He sent pics of the bike before shipment, and it's just like it came off the showroom. Well, it arrived here on the 6th of July, and it seems the tranny is making noise. I know the best thing is to take it to the nearest dealer, however, it's over 150 miles away. Should I trust the bike for the ride up? or should I trailer it? I'm not sure if the tranny is hurt, but don't want to kill it before something simple could be fixed. I'm not very good with a wrench for a job lilke this, so the dealer gets it. What would you do?

cuedude
  2. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    if in doubt

For my money, trailer that baby. Worse case is ya didnt need to and it cost some extra gas....better than being on the side of the road hoping ya have a signal for the cell phone.
  3. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    if in doubt

For my money, trailer that baby. Worse case is ya didnt need to and it cost some extra gas....better than being on the side of the road hoping ya have a signal for the cell phone.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i agree with greybear........but only once!!:D :D
    chuck
  5. Striker57

Striker57 New Member

Trailer It

A bike trailer thru U-Haul is only $14 a day if you don't have your own.
  6. cuedude

cuedude New Member

Hi Striker,

That's probably what I'm going to do. I have a HaulMark enclosed trailer, but just after I got it, it got hit sitting in front of the house. All it really needs is an axle, but I can't get a new one without the serial number. The number is on a lable which has been painted over, and I can't get it. I've told the manufacturer about this, (Dexter Axle), and their reply is they need it to know just which one I have. I've gone to their site, gone through the lit. and have told them which one to send. But still no axle. It's been sitting collecting dust, flood water, and liscence tag stickers for 3 years now.

cuedude
  7. DeathWind

DeathWind New Member

Reimbursment

After you have it fixed, if it's not under warranty, I'd contact the guy you bought it from and tell him to reimburse you the cost of the trip and repair if he didn't disclose any possible issues. If that doesn't work contact Ebay and see what your options are.
  8. cuedude

cuedude New Member

I'll contact the guy and ask for reembursment for the trailer, but I'll cover the repair myself. (Not that I can afford it right now.) I discussed the deal quite extensively prior to purchase, and the guy is a pretty straight shooter.

As far as eBay, I didn't buy it off ebay. It was a personal deal. PM me and I'll tell you how I found out about the bike. I won't put this out on this board. Nothing shady, just feel it's a privacy thing.

cuedude