1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What header

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by mofasa, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mofasa

mofasa New Member

i am building a 2005 883L to a 1200 sportster with buell thunder heads and hd cams .575 lift. i think it will have aprox 10 to 1 comp, my question is what is a good header for this bike? i like the bub 2 into 1 but it says on the site that it is not for L series bikes. it looks to me like the megaphone might cause lean angle problems, i just dont know how much, 2 3 deg. thanks in advance mofasa.
  2. mofasa

mofasa New Member

headers

i must of pissed off just about everyone. no responses. did i do something wrong ?
  3. dutch

dutch New Member

header

All my H/D's as well as my 04 Sportster have Thunder Headers on them, they are loud but I have not found anything better on stock or hot rod motors. Dutch
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have not done this particular type of project. i have not run megs. on one side of a bike. maybe if you contact the mfg. they may have a bit of insight for you......good luck with your search, and let us know what you decide on!!:)
  5. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Gotta agree with DUTCH,
    I've run a ThunderHeader on all of my H-D's & just put one on my new E-GLIDE.
    The fit & ground clearance are perfect(JMO).Whats more important to you;looks,sound,or performance?
    Two-into-one systems generally offer better performance,however;there are a lot of good systems out there per application.Good luck! 00 wildglide:cool:
  6. mofasa

mofasa New Member

thanks

thanks for all the replies. i will keep you posted. mofasa