1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What I did on my Labor Day weekend

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

It was the central zone dove season opener in Texas and me and an old buddy got together for the dove season opener in Waco at his place. We hunted Saturday and Sunday and shot limits both days, mostly afternoon action and late. It was fast and furious. I was shooting my new Remington Spartan 20 gauge double. I got this thing with 20" barrels to store and lock in the bikes travel trunk, but I wound up taking the van up because Larry wanted to give me a mower. He was cleaning out his barn and getting rid of old junk he didn't need. So, I took my Winchester 12 gauge auto just in case I couldn't hit squat with the little 20, but that was not the case. :D I did about as well with the little gun as I usually do with a 12, just took a little more concentration with the short, light weight gun.

[​IMG]
  2. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Looks like the birds were flying and you had some good shooting. I've shot my limit a couple times but I don't tell how many shots it took to get the 12 birds;) . It don't get any better than this.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

looks like some fine eating on that tailgate!!! congrats on the hunt!!