1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What new bike would you get

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, May 13, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If you won the lottery, what new bike would you get or want and why?

Me a new 2011 Screaming Eagle Ultra, why cause its got it all.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup!!!!! with added sirius radio
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep would go that way my self
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

An XR1200. Have to change the exhaust (hate the "can" mufflers), but not much (if anything) else. The newer Sportsters are a little bigger & about 70 lbs. heavier, due to the larger frame / rubber-mount engine / swingarm design, but with the XR you get much better "upside-down" front forks, dual front disc brakes & the reduced felt vibration of the rubber-mount design.

You also get Buell XB cylinder heads, the best heads H-D ever offered on a production bike & from what I've seen, you don't need to spend $900 on an aftermarket tuner for an EFI Sportster - they run great off the showroom floor. The XR1200 is far & away the best Sportster ever made - only the rare 1200S (discontinued) even comes close. Unless you modify one yourself & of course that's fun too :cool:

Attached Files:

5. steveb

steveb Active Member

I would have to have 2 bikes an '11 Screamin Eagle Ultra and a Dyna Super Glide . I miss my super glide for short trips.
  6. FLHTbiker

They got the new darked out 10 screaming eagle ultra in at Latus Motors and looks pretty nice. My god they are asking 42,900 for it and the damm things only has a 36,000 msrp on it. The sales guys said someone will buy it, I looked at him and sarcastically told him, to rich for my blood. Some rich guy will buy it, put it in his garage and never ride it. :banghead:
  7. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I'd go to Bagger Nation and have one custom built the way I want it. I like some of the stuff Paul Yaffee does.
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I think that I would go with any of the following. I would take a new CrossBones, Rocker C (heavily modify it), or build my own from the ground up. I am just not into the touring bike too much, but a RoadKing that is nicely done is worth some consideration. :cool:
  9. 59panhead

59panhead New Member

WOW ! IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A Pro Street Bar Hopper! Hyperformance 160 Cu. In. 250 + HP 300 FT LB Torque Motor :eek:in a Weekend Pro Street Frame! Buell Front end !

630 Top Fuel Drive Chain because we all know "Real Bikes Have Chains"...Belts are for your PANTS !:roflmao:

With an optional wheelie Bar set up!
    You Dont Steer It! You Aim It !:devil:
    No Sissy Radio, rear seat, or sissy bar, NO HORN ! :puke:

HeadLight, Brake Light, Tail Light! Yes ! After All It has to be Street Legal!:gah:
  10. chucktx

street legal yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dependable????? doubtful................but as long as were dreaming......anything goes!!!!!!!!! lol lol i would require a couple of hotties also!!!!!:D:D
  11. 59panhead

59panhead New Member

After 15 Years of Top Fuel Harley Drag Racing we never built a Motor for dependability! And I agree with what your saying!
    But This Motor will be as dependable and run cooler then a New Twin Cam Factory Smog motor !

With 2 Carbs I can tune the Rear carb and adjust the timing and the cam duration to get the rear cylinder to run about 25-35 degrees cooler then a Stock Street Engine !

We Have a 151 cu in motor in a Dresser style frame with bags and fairing turning low
    9's in the 1/4 mile and has over 35,000 + miles of road trippin, police chasin fun on her!
    The motor has only had oil changes and tires and many many brake pads ....0 vibration @ 6000 rpm......Its not how Big you make it! It's Who's Making it Big!

The Pro Street bike Im building is designed to be overhauled @ the end of riding season! I mean Racing season ! And that only take about 10 hours to go through the motor and get her back in the bike ! In Drag racing we do a top end over haul between rounds! or about 45 min ! and this happens abouty 4 times on race day Ahhhhhhhhhh the smell of Nitro..... it's like Victory! And the Hotties are only good for cleaning the bike,,,,,not riding on the back!
  12. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

A Night Train, black it out some more. Powder black pipes, bars and more. Lower it a bit. Add more power, more attitude, and more dark. (But no skulls or flames - just black). Oh, and a decent saddle - black of course.
  13. JohnnyBiker

A night train is a nice bike, just a little too much black for me. :D
  14. chucktx

is this a great place or what!!!!!!? all with the same interest and everyone has a different taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol
  15. JohnnyBiker

I agree. The thing that I like about this forum is that we are so very different in so many ways, but we all share the most important thing of all. OUR LOVE FOR RIDING!:cheers:
  16. FLHTbiker

Depends on what your riding. If all there was to ride was sport bikes, mopeds or scooters I would quit. Couldn't ride a Goldwing anymore either. :)
  17. JohnnyBiker

I guess I like all bikes. I think they all have their place but I just choose an HD because they are the best and because they are American.

It was so cool today> When I was having my issues with my bike, there was like 6 people that had stopped to ask if everything was ok or what the problem was and if I needed some help. You know what, THEY WERE ALL ON A HARLEY!!!! :chopper::biker:
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

lottery??? I'd get a Ducati monster SR4s..with that stack o cash behind me I could afford to ride it. A lightly modded FXRS-sp would be fun as well..neither one of these is new so the new bike would be an Ultra Limited..I'd put on shorter shocks..trailer hitch , hook the buggy up to the back and go touring and spend some of that money seeing the country.
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

MV Agusta
    Boss Hoss

But probably look for a fully restored classic

HD Pan
    Brough Superior
    Indian Chief

Something kool - original fonda chopper or billy bike LOL
  20. JohnnyBiker

I found an Indian Chief for sale on the net here not too long ago. They were only asking 10k for it and it was almost completely restored too.