1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What would (nearly) complete your bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

AFNurse's paint work and my own bike's latest trip to the shop for a mild makeover inspired me to think and share the question: what would (nearly) complete your bike? I say (nearly) because there always seems to be some doodad or mod that comes along that makes us change things a little, but ignoring that, what would be your "finished" point?

I've settled in on not getting the bigger engine and getting the best from what I have. Gear cam drive, V-H Pro pipes, Stage 1 CV carb w/kit, H-D/K&N teardrop high flow aircleaner, BIG dual horn, lowered shocks, Mustang seat, adjustable windshield (love it - worth it!) and a bunch of other little doodads. Only wants left are chrome rocker & head bolts and maybe a touch-up on the paint that would get rid of the minor scrapes the hardbags and the eliminate the H-D decal (not a decal fan) on the tank. Then it will be what I have determined is what I want.

Out of curiosity, and maybe so ya'll can share some inspiration, please fire away with your plans to get your ride to be your ultimate ride.:rocket_bike:
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

So, to "almost complete my bike......." THAT is a good quesiton!!! Would love to do a few more pieces of custom paint!!! Chuck.....you may have more business down the road!! I would also want true dual head pipes, maybe slightly better cams, if/when my stuff goes out, gear drive.... oh ya, and a drivers back rest. I also want a port-a-chopper or trailer in a bag type of MC trailer (good for military PCS moves), and a trailer kinda like chuck is building to pull behind his bike. Other then that.....I am truely about good to go!!! as for the slightly better cams, have not looked at them much in detail, would like something that is good for 2 up riding, would do that with the gear drive.....andrews probably makes a good one....don't really feel the need to go more inches, but MAY be talked into 95.....don't really feel it for the 103 or more. as for the paint, would like to get some custom graphics on the saddle bags, side covers, paint the inside fairing, and maybe a nice custom piece on the front fairing.....may leave the 2 fenders alone!!:roflmao: may or may not change the slip ons, and would REALLY want a custom map for my PCIII (upgraded to USB vs. 9pin serial that i have). Oh, and while I am at it, may as well upgrade to SS braided lines and chrome master cylinder, along with the chrome trim kit (standard has the alum. covers). all told....more then I care to think about for cost!!!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya look at any of my bikes, you know i am not a chrome freak.....i am not into cleaning my bike alot. gearcams, bored jugs, pistons and rings, a little head work. a set of trapp slipons..crane4 ign.
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

but Chuck....just KNOWING that you could clean up your act and have CHROME......??!! :roflmao: course, you saw MY bike....:eek:
  5. chucktx

yes i saw it, and i think it is VERY ridable.....in any weather or situation, just like mine.......carwash???? dont need no stinkin car wash!!!!!:roflmao:

but...............i will put it through the odd bikini wash!!!!!:D :)
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I 'll go next,just one piece of chrome a outer primer cover, mabe a HD tour pack , & some where down the line of miles a decent set of cruising cam's
    :cool:
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Complete?? Is there such a thing as complete? Where do I start? Let's see......new taillights, change bars with some hidden wires, 95" kit, new gear driven cams, I'd like a wider front tire, even though I just put a brand new rim and tire on there, new mirrors, new front turn signals, jeez the list goes on. I can't list any more stuff. :eek: :D
  8. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Just got my new Mustang seat with rider backrest. Shoulda bought it when I got the bike. HD could take a few lessons in making a good seat. Other than that, true duals, gear driven upgraded cams.
  9. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Other than upgrade to a Road King or Fat Boy...

I'd like to do a Stage 2 on my bike, add a chrome headbolt bridge kit, chrome enricher knob cover, skull collection fuel cap, custom paint, chrome "magnum" grips with the 44cal shells embedded in the sides, chrome skull front axle nuts covers, chrome skull timer cover, etc, etc.

Yeah, pretty much anything to do with chrome, skulls and making the bike faster. YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW! Giddy-up!
  10. Red Rider

Well, this thread is working 'cuz I now have added a fancy enricher knob cover and braided lines to my list!:)
  11. chucktx

hehehehe....ya, when ya hear about something cool, makes ya want one!!!;)
  12. Red Rider

Yep - that was why I started this thread - more ideas to make my ride PERFECT!

:cool:
  13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I can only nearly complete it with say a set of bassani td's then maybe nearly complete it again with a 95 then possibly another near completion with a jel bitchin stitchin seat and so on and so on
  14. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Did a Stage 1 to my '96 FLSTC and that's it. Don't need to go any faster or don't need it any shinnier. Love it the way it is, pure Harley!!!:)
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice, looks like you're gonna get off cheap Mwelch......well, sortof, Harleys ain't cheap, that's for sure! :confused: :roflmao:
  16. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Ya ain't lying there bud... H-D (Hunnerts of Dollars)... Welll actually thousands of dollars!!!:rolleyes:
  17. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

:roflmao: :roflmao: :eek:
  18. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I am always sticking a piece of chrome on from time to time but after I had the fiasco with my pipes, I promised to leave it alone.....for awhile. Red, the performance improvement you got with your cam makes me think I just got to have one. I'll lust on it for awhile before I jump. Hope you're doing better.
    Slim
  19. Red Rider

Revised my wish list again - scratching the braided lines (don't need 'em for the way my bike looks - would look out of place, I think) and have added new wheels w/single disc brake up front. Anyone made that swap on a bagger and regret it?

And thanks, all of ya, for your concern. I'm getting better everyday, it is getting later and later in the day that I get to a point that the pain is more than a distraction.
  20. chucktx

ya may want to rethink the dual/single swap. have heard and read that the change resulted in a loss of braking power.......my opinion is a dual looks better than a single.......
    the way i look at it....2 is a lot better than 1........