1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What's doing my peeps!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by badinfluence63, Jan 25, 2020.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

i know many of us cannot ride now because of weather. Still others for unknown reasons. Where is everyone and what's everyone up too? Or is everyone just sitting up staring blankly off into the distance? Lol

Anyone with winter projects?

Me? Well currently trying to trudge thru wife's retirement process. US Government employees suck. What useless over paid no consequence burdens to society.

Once her money starts coming in with any regularity I'm outty next. Wife's process is currently a debacle of govt f*ck ups and bs. Going on 6 months now.
  2. Dustin2191

Dustin2191 New Member

Yea I have one but I was wondering if you have ever heard of anyone using a choke cable for a truck as a clutch cable for a bike
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Even though our temps have been for the most part above normal (40's other than low 30's) normally this would be riding weather for me, I'm bored almost to tears recovering from spine surgery and waiting for the nerve damage to my right leg to heal. This also caused the loss of my retirement job as a school bus driver. Oh, maybe more time for riding and fishing in the near future.
  4. badinfluence63

If you're able to, try it. Is thickness of cable similar? Is thickness even a concern?Why would you do that though? Money tight? Emergency fix? Just curious?
  5. badinfluence63

I was thinking that's what was happening to you FB. But hey it's winter, best time to do that. Hope losing retirement job isn't causing any financial fall out.

Even though temps have been decent I wouldn't ride because of the tons of salt on the road. Don't they salt your way?
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey FB, hope you heal up, they will always have bus driver openings, we
    are not running out of kids to take to school anytime soon, they'll probably
    hire you back if you want...

As to the clutch cable/choke cable if it has the correct ends and fits, a cable is a cable... Then again, trusting your life to a choke cable off a truck to hold the clutch might not be wise....

Hot Rodders use all kinda of parts, you just need to be sure it allow full engagement and disengagement as well as seal up to the trans so no leaks.
  7. Fatboy128

No real financial hardship, just talked to my best bud who also is my financial guy with my IRA. Pulling a little more $$ from it.
    Healing ok. Nerve damage takes a while to heal. But, I really am doing pretty good. Right leg gets tired near end of day. Still have some surface numbness in lower leg.
    As far as driving bus; naa, I'm done. My CDL requires yearly physicals by a state DOT approved doc. I was due back a few weeks and the grace period ends this month. SO, since I'm still on short term disability there is no chance of being passed in physical. The CDL goes bye bye on Feb 1. I'll just have to ride and fish more. Damn
  8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Well somebody's gotta do it.
  9. badinfluence63

Finally, it appears we might could have wife's retirement straightened out, will know more at end of the month.

I called the Inspector General of OPM and voila it was fixed in a couple days.
    Red Rider likes this.
  10. Fatboy128

Congrats!!
    Red Rider likes this.
  11. badinfluence63

What a debacle it was! 6 months. Umpteen phone calls. Talking to so many different people who failed to document our process. 3 supposed fax numbers that didnt work and a supposed faulty Email address later....it took a phone call to the Office of the Inspector General to get it. Thats our govt employee pool at its best.
    Red Rider likes this.