1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

whats going

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, May 15, 2018.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

seems i have been gone for a while !looking over the forum its died down quite a bit . gonna see if i can get some action going .topics mostly on repair stuff any suggestions for a topic ? truly liked this forum back in the day ! and certainly would like it to be back to helping others fix or repair bikes . it does not need to be strictly on carbs .it can be anything related to bikes . lets get it going!
    Red Rider likes this.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Well, a recent cool bike thing for me was stopping by the shop of custom bike-builder Mondo Porras in Reno. It was kind of by accident, as I was looking for an indy wrench who'd been in that area of Reno and saw this chopper garage. I went in and there was a herd of choppers that they were getting ready to bring to some SoCal bike show. Hard to describe how awesome these bikes were, ya have to see 'em. Mondo was busy building some parts (no, not ordering them, or 3D-program machining them - HAND CRAFTING THEM!) for an amazing chopper for a Polish trucker

Check it out, especially the "Biker Code" on the facebook page caught me:
    https://www.facebook.com/denvers.choppersmondoporras
    https://denverschoppers.com/

Some of the bikes looked like bar-to-bar bikes, but could really be ridden long enough to not be stuck in that niche, due to Mondo's superior understanding of frames and front ends, rake & trail, and overall balance.

Seriously, though, take time to read his Code. Gotta respect that.
  3. baggerpaul

Yep .I agree and it our job as graybeards to school the next set of hands to do what we do to keep those scooters rolling.nice rides for sure!
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. Red Rider

Best way to teach 'em is by example, I think. So time to ride!
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That and how times have changed on bikes, no more carbs, all computer modifications, which is cool because you have so much more control and options.
  6. baggerpaul

Absolutely!I remember running open loop bikes and thought this ain't so bad .lol and honestly it's actually gotten much easier .more ability to data log more information and abilities to adjust many more parameters.
  7. Red Rider

I must be a fossil riding a carb'd bike, but it is paid for and I ride it, so I am happy! If I bought the latest and greatest, I wouldn't have cash for gas, food or a place to sleep when I stop.

Run-a-mucca rally this weekend, but looks to be wet. So I'll ride the rain, as I gots to ride.
  8. baggerpaul

I still got a carb on my dyna!
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I liked my 00 heritage with carb, efi is good, runs better, better to tune, you can make a lot more adjustments to get it good, but there is something about a carb,