1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wheel chock

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by duke76, Dec 30, 2007.

1. duke76

duke76 New Member

I saw this yesterday at Harbor Freight ( no I dont work there but I love that store) a wheel chock and almost bought it but wanted to make sure it would work , said it would work with most motorcycles also seen in there flier they have a new one that is free standing (like a Condor) but did not have it on hand the one they did have on hand was 59.99 but I found it on thier web page for 39.99 so you have to print that page off and then they will sell it to you for that also you can print off 20 percent coupons off to so you could buy this for like 33 bucks, anyway here is the link to the chock.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

they work well, i have a few friends that have them. i am gonna try to make it over to them and get one myself.....mount on my new lift table.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Look's good But also look's like it might grab the lower part of the bigger fenders like the E glide
  4. chucktx

what happens cowboy, is as the wheel enters the piviot, it raises the tire/fender as it folds forward....hope that made sence..........:)
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

That looks mighty handy......It would sure mount nicely to my lift!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck yes it made good sense , what I was looking at when it roll's in the back part look's kinda high & looks like it ust might grad the lower rear part of the big Glide fender , it might go under it
  7. chucktx

yup, while sitting in the chock, there is about 1" or so of clearance...
  8. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

They work great. Makes loading and unloading a one man job. I got the Bike pro chocks.
  9. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Hey Chucktx how do you like that lift table? Is all hydraulic or air/hydraulic combo? Saw one at Harbor Freight web site and got all tingley :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  10. chucktx

i loveit. there was one issue with it...it is all hydraluic... and the foot pedal that you lift it with broke at the weld the first time i used it. piss poor weld. i cleaned the weld, put a stud in the hole and welded them back together...no problems since. i have left both bikes....seperatley...in the full up position overnice and there were no leak downs. it is very stable, even with me on the bike while on the lift. i would recomend it to anyone wanting to get off the floor while working on your bike. it also has casters on it, i made two small wheel chocks to aid in loading the bike. even with the locks down it wanted to scoot a bit on my smooth concrete floor. with the bike on the lift in the down position, and the locks in the up position, you can move it around, i like that. if you lack room for one, park the bike on the lift....it takes just a bit more room than the bike does. it comes with one set of u/bolts for straping the bike down.....straps not included....i got some 3/8 eye bolts and installed them down the table to be able to strap in other places, depending on which end i want to lift. i also went to the junk yard and got a couple of sissor jacks out of junk cars and modified the top of them so i can lift the bike while on the table....5 bucks apiece i believe. i also removed the crank handle and welded a 9/16x3/8 drive socket in place of it so i can tighten the front wheel with an air ratchet while holding the bike in place. i plan on adding side plates to facilitate the lifting of my riding mower,,,,change oil, belts, blades, ect. hope this helps.....:)
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Know you are probaly ain't interested but realhog.com had the condor pitstop 1500 on sale threw today for 211.00. Its about 50.00 off. You can add the trailer kit to it and its like 22.00 more.
  12. chucktx

got a link?????????:D
  13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member