1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

When to remap?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Dan Sullivan, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Dan Sullivan

Dan Sullivan New Member

I just installed Stage 1 upgrades (Air cleaner and full exhaust) on my 2011 Heritage. Not hard, but now I need to take my bike in to remap the EFI system. How long can I ride before the remap? My local HD dealer can’t work on my bike until Weds and it has finally stopped raining. I need to ride!
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

You can ride now, just don't expect peak efficiency. Stage 1 should be remapped, but I know of a rider that, despite my urging, did the stage 1 on his FLHRCI 10 years ago and has never remapped. It still runs pretty good, if not as good as it could.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It will slightly adjust for variances in the mix, changing both filter and pipes makes a pretty big adjustment.

Instead of a EFI flash have you considered getting a tuner/programmer like the Dynojet, etc.. That way if you make changes down the road like cams, heads, etc you can update the map

Go to www.fuelmotousa.com, they sell them and they come mapped for your bike
    if it has issues after the install they'll tweak it for you.
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I've read in the past, many riders would do the exhaust only then after some miles would do the intake which according to them would allow the stock ecm to adjust in smaller steps. I added a Power Vision through Fuel Moto(as hrk suggests),about $400. Their lifetime support is outstanding and they will remap it free for future mods.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk