1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

When will they release info on the 2010 model lineup

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by reginasaskatchewancanada, Feb 15, 2009.

1. reginasaskatchewancanada

reginasaskatchewancanada New Member

i am just wondering when we may find out what 2010 has in store looking to buy a street glide but not sure if i should wait for the 2010 or not
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i think they start releasing stuff around sept. of the year....
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Stuff comes out in August. Don't know what things are like in Sask but they're slowing down to beat hell next door in AB. They just did a big change on the touring bikes so I'm not sure what they'd do next year. It's kind of a crap shoot. Our dollar is flopping around madly. When the '09's landed the dollar wasn't far from par. Deeley bumped the prices 10% in December and I hear there's another 10% Feb 1 which puts us in line with the 80 cent greenback. If there's no change planned for the bike you may want to check out a bike that got into the country before Dec 1..that would be the cheapest way to go..now if the dollar takes off again, that's another story, I've ridden an '09....pretty good bike, my '04 handles like a truck in comparison.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I really like the handling of my 09 Ultra and the new brakes with the anti lock system, works really well. I hear all the new bikes for 2010 will be water cooled. :D :roflmao:
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I've rode a lot of the bikes up threw 09. I don't really like the extra weight of the touring bikes. Like the way the 08 bikes do over the 09's. But that's just me.
    I would look at what I like and go with it, see what kind of deal you can make. don't pay what they want. shop around.. Now is the time for a buyers market.
    If you play yer cards right you should be able to git somebody to work with you better than you have in previous years.
    I don't think they are selling the bikes that they were a year ago .
    I hope in 2010 the projected start of the new EPA don't come out.
    From what I've heard and don't know when it will start but they have been talkin about puttin a Vrod engine in the touring bikes.
    I'm not into water cooled harley engines.
    :chopper:
  6. steveb

steveb Active Member

Harley is very good at keeping the new models a secret until around the 15 th of July. Harley will switch the assembly lines over to 2010 bikes the first week of July .They keep it secret to protect the dealers so they can sell the current models they have in stock. They like to have the big intro of new models out in Sturgis the first week of August. Like the year the went fromm 88ci engines to 96ci nobody knew about that until the end of July. If that would have got out every 88ci bike would have sat on dealers floors and people would have waited for the 96ci bike.
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Its about 7 months till they release the new bikes, that is a long time to me. But if you wait a year and 7 months they will have the 2011 bikes out.:rolleyes:

sorrry man but it would be awful hard for me to wait that long for a bike.
    I don't like my bike gone for a couple days. I like to walk into the garage or look out the door and seeing it.
    Even my wife would be a unhappy camper if I didn't have my bike.:rant: