1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Which jets will I get

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Boon, May 22, 2008.

1. Boon

Boon New Member

I ordered the Stage 1 Tuners Kit yesterday and I was wondering which size jets will be shipped with the kit. The carb is currently setup with a 40 pilot and 160 main. The job was done in 1994 by a local bike shop I hired to convert from 883 to 1200. Aftermarket slip-ons were also installed. That setup worked fine for 15 years, but last season the bike would sputter at Interstate speeds. A new aftermarket air cleaner was installed this spring and the crankcase now vents to atmosphere. The sputtering is now worse and it even makes the bike stall -- on the highway. The plugs are eggshell white and I'm hoping the kit will help me fix this setup that is obviously way too lean.
  2. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I can't tell you what jets come in the kit, but I can sure tell you what the baseline for an 883>1200 conversion is (assuming stock 883 heads & cams) - 42 slow, 170 main & 2.5 turns out on the idle mixture screw.
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

FROM WHAT YOU SAID, WITH YOUR NEW AIR CLEANER SET UP, WHAT YOU DID WAS ADD AIR, WITH YOUR PLUGS GOING WHITE, YOU LEANED YOURSELF OUT, MORE THAN LIKELY IF YOU HAD A 883 CONVERSION DONE, THEY RE-JETTED IT ALREADY, I DON'T SEE WHAT GOOD THE STAGE 1 KIT WILL DO FOR YOU AT THIS POINT, WHEN YOU PROB. COULD JUST ADJUST YOUR IDLE MIX SCREW, IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO IT, IF NOT MAKE IT. AND YOUR PROB. WOULD PROB. BE SOLVED. DOING BASICLY THE SAME MYSELF, FINDING THAT SWEET SPOT LIKE ART SAYS. MY CRANKCASE VENTS TO THE AIR ALSO, OR RATHER DOWN THE SIDE OF THE BIKE:roflmao: I ALSO HAVE A FREE FLOW AC, AND OPEN PIPES.
  4. Boon

Boon New Member

I did pay extra for the rejetting and they gave me the "spare parts" box from the jetting kit, back in 1994. I only took a good look at the stuff yesterday and noticed that the kit was suppose to come with 4 jets and there was only 1 jet in the kit box. The kicker, is that the jet in the kit box is a 160 and the jet on my carb is also a 160. I think I got screwed back then.

It probably is cheaper to fix the problem via simply tuning the mix myself, but I like the idea of having the option to diagnose tuning results via this special dedicated thread. This is the first time I even hold a carb in my hands -- I'll need all the support they are prepared to offer :banghead:
  5. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

I have the exact same question.

On a 2001 sporty 883 with stock #160 and #42 jets, what new jet sizes come in this kit? It would be helpful to know.:banghead:
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Emails and PM's have all been answered. Please post any jetting questions not related to support of the kits in the [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/motorcycle-tech-talk/"]Tech[/PAGE] forum.

Thanks
  7. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

OK. I just did that. I asked about stage 1 parts?
    Thanks for the help.