1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why Do You Participate On Bike Forums?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 20, 2014.

?

What Brought You To A Bike Forum?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2019.
  1. Needed Technical Support?

63.6%
  2. To Meet People To Ride With?

18.2%
  3. You Were Bored?

9.1%
  4. Other

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

We all have reasons as to why we felt compelled to join a bike forum but we never seem to really talk about it.

I am genuinely curious as to why or what brought you here or to other forums? Please participate in a poll and tell a story. Why not, something different.
  2. JohnnyBiker

I started on forums because I was looking for information on the CV carb and my search brought me to CV Performance and therefore this forum.
  3. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

I also joined for the hope that technical info would help me. It has, thanks to people like B/P and other people that have get there hands dirty and beat up as are mine. The forum has a very wide selections of interest, this is great. I would like to see more nuts and bolts discussions in the forum. Riding a Harley is what I wanted to do and will continue on.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

The owner of Direct Parts started this forum for a place for some of us to hang out
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I order some pipes fro Dave at direct parts, & after a good talk on the phone I joined up here ,I think except for FLHT & sleepy & chucktx all those guys moved on , Good bunch to talk or type to , can't remember his name , chris I think rode a yamaha & going to school for nursing over by vages somewhere Dave retired to mess with his family & fish with grandkids , still a good place to call home on the computer good bunch here now as well
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember him. Air Force I think. Lived in turkey or hungry. Good guy.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

There was another guy as well as air force nurse , his name was Chris as well , the one I was talking about was not the same one you remember FLHT knew him & rode with him a few times
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

That was Kevin, I think. Used to work for HP and they let him go. He went back to school and got his nursing degree. He was with the military up in Alaska. Chris I think was in Iraq/Afghanistan for a while and came back to Great Falls for a while? Met Kevin a few times, great guy. Never did get to meet Chris and we're practically neighbors
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I been kicked off more forums then I can keep track of. Aparently one is suppose to alter their opinions and how they normally speak. I've enjoyed and survived Biketalk some how but the wars not over either,lol.

I think what seperates biketalk from other forums is possibly we are all in the same generation for the most part. Lots of courtesy,lots of respect here despite varied opinions on any given topic.

I cannot remember any of my posts being deleted and I hope that is not a common practice here. And I apreciate managements tolerance and hope that doesn't change.

I enjoy fellowshipping with fellow riding enthusiasts sharing rides,remedies and passing the time until its riding season again.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't think I've deleted any posts that didn't warrant it, basically spammers

After several years it's pretty easy to spot them a nd trouble makers and we've not had any of those, it stays civil, which is fine.

Locked a few threads not because anything was wrong but they were wandering and getting long in the tooth, the life of the board is new members and new threads, so tell yer friends.

I told both of mine and they just said Eff off.. so it's up to youse guys...
    HarleysLR likes this.
  11. Fatboy128

"Friends". Why all these impossible conditions ?!
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I dont remember why i came here probably looking for information, kind of liked it and stuck around, i visit othet sites for information amd come hear to BS or at least read the BS, :) ive met FLHT, Red Rider, Alex the Dog and Hot01Abby, and Johnboy keeps changing plans everytime we are supposed to meet. Just sayN
  13. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Came here as I was dissatisfied with carb repairs on my H-D at dealer level. Decided to rectify problem myself, during research found this forum and others. This is the one that kept my interest over time, with many differing stories and points of view, some I share, some I don't, but all well worth my time to read and think about.
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I just posted a thread called Something to think about. Check it out.

Yea that guy was called Kev or known on here as Special K. Meant up with him several times now and rode with him to a few times. He also like me, started here from the beginning and we both rode Yamaha Royal Stars. His life like many has changed, got married and I'm sure his new job as a nurse is keeping him pretty busy. His biggest complaint to me about the way this site went was it is now only about Harleys. I think he and many others feel left out and moved on.
    I have felt for some time that we really need a section for metric bikes. I think it could really open up more members and more discussions. Besides some of the hardcore Harley riders here might learn something new. :D
  15. Fatboy128

I came here because when I bought my Fatboy it had a quirky problem with stalling rarely pulling away from a traffic light. Through help here I was able to resolve my problem. Decided to hang around for the banter. So far I've met FLHTbiker and Maddog during a trip to AZ. I hope to meet that grumpy dude this spring from NH called badinfluence ! (Ha just bustin. ). Maybe a couple more of youse guys in the southeast if I complete a bucket list item of riding to FL.
  16. FLHTbiker

You'll have to wait on meeting anyone up north until after they dig themselves out. Forget HRK he is to elusive :) can't figure out what he has to hid. You need to get you bike down to AZ so a bunch of us can do a long ride.
  17. Fatboy128

I'd love to get a second bike to leave in AZ. I discussed with the wife about me eventually flying out to OR. I have plenty of points to fly free. Your photos have been tempting me something awful.
    I might be going to Myrtle Beach, SC this spring to visit a sick niece. Down in that area is josh. Then there's BP in Fl. I forgot I met BP already a few years ago. Charlie and I had breakfast with him.
  18. FLHTbiker

Maddog and I would love to go riding with you and take you up to some of our favorite rides. I have a spare bike even, my Softail Heritage Springer. I wouldn't make you ride the Triumph :)
  19. Fatboy128

Man I'd love it. Another item for my bucket list.
  20. JohnnyBiker

Yeah I know I was pretty disappointed both times. The last time was a behavior issue with my oldest. Started suspecting that she was pregnant. Sorry about that, it did bother me.