1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why is this so hard to understand

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

Has anyone else noticed that you never hear about a lunatic going on a shooting rampage in a gun shop, or conservation club, or even a bar that caters primarily to off-duty cops? I guess even psycopaths are smart enough to avoid confronting someone who might shoot back.
  3. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:eek: ABC actually aired that?!?!?!?!?!? Could the anti-American media actually be getting a clue? What will we ever do with all of the out of work ATF and Police if this actually gets out of hand and everyone has free access to firearms? :p AHHH Nevermind that won't ever happen, as long as we have taterdicks running this country and making money off bogus laws.
  4. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I'm lucky enough to live in one of the 10 states where you cannot carry a concealed weapon.:cussing:

I like the part where he says "Which would you rather have if someone broke into your home? A gun or a phone? You can call the police if you want. They'll come. And they'll take pictures of your dead body. They won't save your life."
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  5. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy!

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)

Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?'. The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a .46.' :D

California don't let us carry legally either, but if it's concealed, who knows you have it! Personally, I'll explain to the Judge and Jury why the ba*tard is dead, rather than having my loved ones or self 6 feet under!!
  6. HARLEY GRT R

HARLEY GRT R New Member

Guns

WOW!!!! I'm lucky >>> Live in INDIANA one of the most liberal states as far as gun control ..... Became a lifetime member of N R A when got out of ARMY 1965...Have a lifetime carry permit in Ind.
    My grandpa one said;;; RATHER BE JUDGED BY 12 >> THAN CARRIED BY SIX...... Have a gud day......
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Lack of exposure to gunpowder causes brain cancer

Wow that is an attention grabber, huh? Seriously, I wonder if theres a link. It seems those that don't shoot or hunt lack some of the simple, rational logick skills hunters and shooters possess.
    Could there really be a link? Wish I had a masters in some science, that sounds like a Government money grant just waiting for somebody, lmao.
    I am always amazed when people take a stand, have the facts presented to them that shows thier theories are faulty and still cling to them. Face it liberals: Gun Control means being able to put a whole mag in the X ring.
    Ride Free,
    Bear
  8. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

The NRA has been stating these same facts for years and have been largely ignored by the media. It is refreshing to have something like this on the air. I'm amazed that ABC allowed it to be shown. Kennesaw is just up the road from me but I obey their laws. :) I own several guns and one is never very far from my reach. Notice that the areas with the strongest gun restrictions, Washington DC, New York city, etc. usually have the highest gun violence. I understand England is also having an upsurge of gun violence since outlawing all guns.
    Don't think it can't happen here and don't forget the way Bill Clinton was after every gun he could take up. Hillery would be the same....count on it.
  9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I agree....I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six any day of the week. The police are nice and helpful..... now, if you had one stationed in your house 24/7, I'd give up my gun. Until then, Like my sticker says....FIGHT CRIME-SHOOT BACK
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Night line just did a report on how us Texans are shotting first & faster then anyone else , A dead man can't tell no lies & yes I would take my chance with the 12 over the 6 anyday :D
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Gun owners know why a criminal prefers unarmed victims....its all these liberals who say they are looking out for us & our rights who dont want us to have a firearm....They always talk about empowering the people, but they dont trust us to own a handgun.....nice.