1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why People Hate Class Reunions

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 29, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cathy, Sue and Jane haven't seen each other since High School. They rediscover each other via a reunion website and arrange to meet for lunch in a wine bar.
    Cathy arrives first, wearing a beige Versace. She orders a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
    Sue arrives shortly afterward, in gray Chanel. After the required ritualized kisses she joins Cathy in a glass of wine.
    Then Jane walks in, wearing a faded old tee-shirt, blue jeans and boots. She too shares the wine.
    Cathy explains that after leaving high school and graduating from Princeton in Classics, she met and married Bill, with whom she has a beautiful daughter. Bill is a partner in one of New York 's leading law firms. They live in a 4000 sq. ft. co-op on Fifth Avenue , where Susanna, the daughter, attends drama school. They have a second home in Phoenix .
    Sue relates that she graduated from Harvard Med School and became a surgeon. Her husband, Clint, is a leading Wall Street investment banker. They live in Southampton on Long Island and have a second home in Naples , Florida .
    Jane explains that she left school at 17 and ran off with her boyfriend, Ted. They run a tropical bird park in Memphis and grow their own vegetables. Ted can stand five parrots, side by side, on his penis.
    Halfway down the third bottle of wine and several hours later, Cathy blurts out that her husband is really a cashier at Wal-Mart. They live in a small apartment in Brooklyn and have a travel trailer parked at a nearby storage facility.
    Sue, chastened and encouraged by her old friend's honesty, explains that she and Clint are both nurses' aides in a retirement home. They live in Jersey City and take vacation camping trips to Alabama .
    Jane admits that the fifth parrot has to stand on one leg.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

That could hurt! Ha!
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Good one, LMFAO
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Actually the 5th one can get a partial toe hold
    on it, but the wife just don't like to tell folks about it...
  6. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

7. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Good one..I'll be sharing this.
  8. IRONMIKE113

IRONMIKE113 Member

Yep it's all about your social standing in life........ :finger:
    Never really got caught in that deal,Just did my Own thing,and still Do,I say lets ride and not worrie about it,I have not been to any of the class reunion events,and really don't see any in my near future....... :stop:
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I went to the 10th and 20th and it was a big one upmanship deal. I was a long haired,bearded housekeeper at the time, chronic diarrhea clean up my specialty so I was out of the running from the gate. Never went to another one and never gonna go to another one. Flaunting my late in life success doesn't move me. All that counts is what makes me happy.
  10. FLHTbiker

I have to agree with you BD. They had one a few years back and decided that I would rather ride back to the Vietnam Wall in DC with real friends. Heard it was just a drunk party at one of the wealthy beeches house anyway. No thanks
  11. Fatboy128

Went to my 20th. Hung with the old crew. No one ups man ship. Most of us were blue collar guys. The rich people were doing that. 90% of school were rich. We were one per centers in that we were middle class and gentile. Found the class jock who welcomed me to the high school with a beating. He became fat bald and physchiatrist. He said the Maltese cross on my book was a swastika and since he was Jewish he pounded me. Well needless to say the tides reversed and after 20 years I got mine. Best time of my life.
  12. FLHTbiker

Did you take him out back and give him the same :)
  13. Fatboy128

I greeted him. Put my arm around his shoulders and started guiding him out the door. He asked where we going. I asked him if he remembered what he did to me. He didn't so I explained as we walked. I to him that I needed to purge my old stuff and that he should understand since he was a shrink. He really got scared and all weepy and was pulling away. This in front of my buddies. There were laughing and teasing. That was all I needed. He got short and fat and bald and I was in the best shape of my life and taller. Man it felt good.
  14. FLHTbiker

Now that is cool :)