1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wife?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by surfit, Oct 2, 2006.

1. surfit

surfit New Member

I've never written about this before, but I really need some advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive, although I can hear a car setting off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Harley Davidson Low-rider next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she comes home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my Harley, that I noticed that the rocker boxes on my engine seem to be leaking a little oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks,

HarleyMan
  2. CD

CD Guest

Time to trade it in

Trade the wife, get alimony, fix the current HD, party, get another HD to fill the void.
  3. scooter

scooter New Member

Classic, man...just classic. :D :D
  4. Harleywyld1

Harleywyld1 New Member

That's great.
  5. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Jeez, Ya kinda had me freaked out for a minute there!:rolleyes:
  6. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

I find my Harley far more fixable and compliant than the majority of women I’ve come across. My Harley still gets most of my money though, but its not called alimony.
  7. scooter

scooter New Member

Yeah man, that would be more like "harleymony", right???:D :D
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

This post sounds familiar to another post sometime back?:confused:
  9. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

NICE! Yes. You should be able to fix that leak without bringing it to the stealer.:D
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I've read it before but wuz still sucked in by it:rolleyes:
  11. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

It's a pretty good grabber!
  12. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Yep, you sure got me too! That is great!!
    I was really concerned that you did have an oil leak so I'm glad it was just a joke!
  13. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

This is no joke

That is a gut wrenching story. I hate hearing about guys that go through this, and I have many friends that have. You know you pour your life into a relationship. You put all your trust in her. You build a life with her and this is the way she treats you. That’s just crap. There are people you can go see to help work things out and spend lots of time and money doing that, but sometimes you have to recognize that it is over. Let her go man …:mad:

you still might be able to get something for her on a trade in for a new shiny 07 model.

:D :D :D
  14. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    The Riddle of Steel....

Conans father summed it best. "You can trust nothing in this life Conan. Not men, not women, not beasts...but this....(here we move forward in time and instead of a sword he shows him a shiny HD) This you can trust"......great grabber.....
  15. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

hey now.......

i had her home before midnight.............:devil:

P.S.

tell your wife, i said thanks!!!!!!!!!!