1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wife's 2004 Ultra Trike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 2, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Maddog won a free detail and decided his bike didn't need it. He polishes all the time :) so we traded for some items and I secretly took the wife's trike down to the dealer and had it detailed. When I told her to grab her helmet and coat she said what's going on. Told her it was a surprise and yes she was surprised. Didn't even know that her Trike was not in the shop. She gave the guys who worked on a great big hug. They really worked hard to remove all the scratches in the paint. The spokes on the back wheels they said were very hard to clean and polish. If you look close enough you can see where there are dragonflies ingraved in the hub caps, air cleaner, windshield, horn cover, side case cover and the gas cap cover which you can't see in the pics.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Nice looking trike. And what a nice husband. Life is better when you care for someone and someone cares for you,eh. As they say "happy wife happy life" or the old "if momma's not happy,nobodies happy."
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice surprise! Yup, spoked wheels are hard to get clean, and then all that body work, too. Looks good.
  4. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I thought she had one of those Can Am thingys for some reason... Looks real good!
  5. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I hated the wire wheels on my old Wide Glide for that very reason...
  6. FLHTbiker

Her first bike was my 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate that I triked for her in my shop at home. That was fun but she always wanted a Harley trike and when her close friend in AZ decided to sell this one she sold the Valkyrie trike. I helped build this one in my friends garage when they still lived up here in Oregon.
    When she decided she wanted the decorative flame upper fork covers I cringed. I had to remove the whole front of the bike to pull the front forks out just to put the new covers on, that was a job.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I can imangine. Well, what the lady wants - the lady gets. I try hard to please Mac the Wife, too, but I would not build her a trike! There are limits LOL.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  8. olbill

olbill Active Member

Good job you and Steve thumbs up!!!!!! see ya Sunday ask Pat if she wants to go with us
  9. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

totally agree, trike looks super. to be able to things for the important people in our lives that are appreciated is the best.
  10. FLHTbiker

Josh, here is the first bike I built for her. It's a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate one that I put many miles on. She sweet talked me into it. It's a Califorina Side Car kit. Built it one winter in my shop. Fun job but a lot of modifications and work.

image.jpg

This is what it looked like when it was my bike before being Triked and when we were riding two up.
    I always told her you really messed up a good bike but smiled when I said it. She put about 20,000 on it herself.
    image.jpg
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya did good son I say ya done real good , Both trikes look good ,I like the colors on both