1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wife's Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 28, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The wife has dragon flies engraved into the chrome pieces and wanted to get her windhield etched with Dragon flies. So I found a local glass artist who does glass etching and had him put this on her windshield. Just got it installed on the bike today. Here is a pic of it and some of the other etchings. She said the etchings don't interfere with he sight as most of the time she looks just over the top.

Attached Files:

2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Nice touch on the missus' bike. What is that big rv in the background?
  3. FLHTbiker

That's our class A motorhome.
  4. alex the dog

I can see that. What is it?
  5. FLHTbiker

01 Tiffin Allegro
  6. alex the dog

Nice. Is it a diesel or gas?
  7. FLHTbiker

Big Chevy, gas. Friend has the same year and is the diesel, lot of bucks in repairs already.
  8. alex the dog

I rented one of those (with the 454 Chevy motor) a few years ago to go camping with another married couple, and really loved it. Cost us $500 for everything, and I think it was one of the best vacations I ever had. Everybody thought I was a hero.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

now, if ya want to really put some bling on that windshield, install some led's in the lower part of the windshield....i put some in mine, piece of cake, and on a seperate switch so i can turn them on when the bike is sitting. even when running they dont interfere with vision.............
  10. FLHTbiker

:wtf: OMG you do what? Our new chapter director women has sheet all over her trike, lights and sparkly stuff and goes by the name of Ms Bling Queen (Yuk)". I think my wife is close but no lights. The Goldwing bunch around here put tons of lights all over there bikes and at times they look like the Star Ship Enterprise. :roflmao:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

no...no........the led's are imbedded in the bottom of the windshield.....when turned on they only show the etching......not obnoxious lighting, soft subtle lighting......
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice pics! I really like the dragonfly theme and the workmanship is top notch. FLHT, Your wife has good taste! Yup, I have seen one or two baggers looking like Christmas trees going down the road, especially from the back. I guess they want to make sure the cagers see 'em. Electrical systems must be gargantuan!