1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Winter upgrade

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Today I ordered all the parts for the Stage 1. Vance and Hines pipes, the air filter and the efi management. It should be really good, I am looking forward to having it all fitted. Because the bike is still under warranty I am going to let a HD dealership do the work, to be honest, Thames Valley Harley gave me a great deal so no complaints whatsoever.

Once out of warranty (next August) I may be more creative. But for now, is fine.

I'll post some photos when the work is done but to be honest just about the only visual change is the V&H slip ons.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Wantin to do a winter upgrade myself, but its far from a stage I, and it won't be done at any Harley Dealership, nor will any of their parts go into my winter project.
    never cared about the warranty HD gave me.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like a good thing and hopefully the dealer is a good one!!!! pics would be great!!!!!!!:)
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

The dealer, Thames Valley Harley, seems very good though of course it all remains to be seen. They gave me a great quote for the parts and are seriously discounting the labour, so right now I'm not going to complain. I guess in the current economic climate there are some good deals to be had and the dealerships want the work.

I'll do some pictures when the work is done. Probably late December or early Jan.