1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Woods CAms

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Stold this from another forum. Think my builder build this after he build the 07 Wide Glide I used to have. Want to make my 08 Bagger run like this, Then mabe just mabe I can keep up with Chucktx.
    Oh yea !
    Got a buddy that went to STurgis and he talked to Thundermax and they are testing the new Thundermax for the 08 bikes. Seems like they are gonna release some new software for the other bikes too so you can see more on what the bike is doing. I think currently you can only see this with the advanced software.

Video of running down bagger - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FYI

Just dropped a set of 6-6 in a stage 1 Street glide, it pulled 6 bike lengths on a stock Ultra, and it ran away from a CVO 110 Ultra.

Just cams and SERT tuning, True Duals-Rush and a Ness big sucker.

A bit of head work and some compression increase and I think it would simply fly it runs out of steam up top but still pulls, down low it's a nice ride.

No noise, no ticking, simple install. JMO for a street bike for a bit more TQ this is the schnitz.

And this is the way a 116 runs down a lightweight Smart Arse on a chopper.

116 Woods tw9bgs on US1YouTube - Harley vs Chopper
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hrk i have always loved that video...........thanks for posting it again!!!!!! :) :) :)
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I put mine in and Got the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II, got the Supertrapp pipes and went with the Arlen Ness Big Shot tuner I ordered from ARlen Ness so I could be sure It had the right program in it the way my bike is set up. It ran out of steam around 80 or so. I was talkin to my builder back home, and he asked if I had put in more disc in my pipes, I said I forgot, I put some more disc in and it ran better.
    I need to have the heads PP, CC, and decked to bring the compression up to 9.8.1. Will probaly have my builder to do that for me in the future. Might bore it to 95cu while I'm there to make it a 103. Don't know if the bagger can handle that kind of power oh on top end.

You know I demoed a 08 SE 110cu Ultra and I did not like the bike. My FLHT bike ran better than it .
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Chuck everynow and then I remember that video LOL

Woods cams love compression, he's the kink of CCP with the tw6h in my 95 advanced 4 degrees I was in the 210 per cyl range and no comp releases.

I agree on the 6-6 in the 07 it needs more compression, a little head clean up and thinner head gasket, some 10.5 to 1 pistons and it would really sing.