1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Worried sick

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, May 24, 2011.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

My wife Hilary collapsed earlier today. I heard the crash and found her face down and unconscious. She was breathing, but not conscious. She came around after a little while, then faded out again, went all clammy and cold. I called the ambulance, 999 over here.

She is now in hospital. They are doing tests, xrays and stuff. The paramedics thought there was a cardiac problem, and she banged her head pretty bad so they will be keeping an eye on that as well.

Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Right now I have just got home from the hospital, am worried sick, it is the early hours of the morning, and I need a stiff whiskey or two.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it. Now you have to be strong, for her and yourself. Her collapse could be from a myriad amount of possibilities, and most of them are not life threatening or even life altering. I've been there and in my wife's case it was just a bad reaction to meds.

Keep your head in a positive frame of mind so you can be what she needs - so a whiskey or two, fine, but don't drain the bottle. She'll be happier if you're not so miserable.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

hang in there..prayers for good news going out your way
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very sorry to hear this ashley.....thoughts and prayers to hilary and you.....keep us posted
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sending prayers from here in Texas , keep the faith , she will get through it
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Man so sorry to hear, sending prayers from the Northwest. Yea, be strong for her and know you will. Were all praying for Hilary.
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

adding my prayers from here also, I had the same problem last year, one year ago today. I ended up with a pacemaker and no more problems, can still ride 700 mile.
  8. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I passed on all your best wishes to Hilary.

They are keeping her in overnight. The good news is that heart, lungs, head, circulation, have all checked out OK. We now know she had a bowel bleed, not sure why. They want to check that she is still not bleeding, so providing her haemoglobin is OK tomorrow they will let her out, and plan a colonoscomy in a week or two. I am hoping this will be the outcome.

If so, then I am going to take her away for the weekend, get her away from the stress of the house sale, work, and family. I strongly suspect stress had a big part in the bleed. Anyway, it is a good excuse to go riding.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great that she's better. Sounds like you've a good plan, too. Get a good relax going.:cheers:
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's good news, let her relax without any worries is the best medicine.
  11. chucktx

great news ashley!!!!! sounds like you have a good plan! say hi and get well soon for me....still keepin y'all in my prayers!!
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your wife is better, Ashley! My prayer list seems to grow daily; so many folks needing prayers. I pray your wife will continue to recover. Hang in there.
  13. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Thanks guys.

Good news. Hilary is on her way home.

She will have to go back for some more tests, we'll deal with that later. Right now I am packing a weekend bag.
  14. chucktx

excellent!!!!!!!! have fun and stay safe...........a pic or two of the event would be nice also!!