1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Worst nightmare

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Aug 21, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

looks like the shadow of the deer is behind the bike
  3. bdfin

bdfin New Member

At least it jumped. Probably would have hit me in the head.
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I'd need a skivvy check after that. Worse than when that turkey buzzard clipped my helmet.......thankfully that day was wearing a full face otherwise I'd have claw marks in my eyes.....
  5. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

deer jump

Man that was a near miss. The president of oil company Flying J was killed while riding by hitting a deer I have lived in Ca and had them strike my car while driving they seem to come out of nowhere.
  6. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

right before I went to yellowstone in 04 a friend gave me two deer whistles. I gave one to one of my riding buddies and put one on my bike. don't know if they work but i ride through deer country all the time and never had even a close call
  7. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Wow....I watched that a few times.....couple interesting observations.... 1) looks like the deer had practiced his timing for that jump as it was SO perfect :rolleyes: 2) did anyone else notice that it happened so fast that NOBODY pulled brakes? The guy in the red shirt never had brake lites come up, and they guy who was "jumped" didn't even have time to "duck his head"...
  8. chucktx

i have a pair on my bike also, with the same results......KNOCKIN ON WOOD!!!:p
  9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

That link gave me some trouble at first so I thought I'd post the actual video here. Hard to tell if its real or photo-shopped but its one of those things that have scared the crap out of many.
    [YOUTUBE]A6VS6qsLJeY[/YOUTUBE]
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I had one jump in front of me on my way home from teaching an MSF class a couple of months ago. I don't know how I didn't hit it. It was dark out, and by the time I saw it, it was gone. I never put my brakes on either, but I had that lovely taste of adrenaline for a while.

I would have had to pull over after that!
  11. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Wow... Don't know how I'd be feeling after that if it was me... Woah...:)
  12. Peyts

Peyts New Member

HOLY SH*T! Yeah, hard to tell if this is authentic, but it certainly drops the bottom jaw. While riding though Montana enroute to Sturgis, we came into about 75 deer within a span of about 10 miles. Two of them were large bucks standing on the road while we came around a turn... didn't see them until we were right up on them. Luckily we reacted quickly, and so did the deer. I have had a lot of biker buddies smack into deer... some ended up all fine, some not so fine. Ya just gotta keep your wits about you and pray that your number ain't up.
  13. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Watched it a few more times, if you slow the video down when the dear jumps and watch the rider it looks like he ducks down towards the handlebars at the last instant....well at least it did to me.
  14. chucktx

i saw him duck also.....just before the film ends.....
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Looks to me like he ducks and then sh*ts himself right after that..... :roflmao:
  16. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Yep not a whole lot you can do about that. I’ve had a few close calls over the years. Three weeks ago while running though the twisties I came around a blind curve and had three large cows standing right on the edge of the road… whoa…they were so close that if one would have wagged it's tail, I would have been hit. To top it off, my girlfriend starts laughing… I proceeded to inform her that that could have been the end of us, it would have been like hitting a brick wall.
  17. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I notice the guy in the right lane didnt even have a chance to brake ..... pert near took a header himself