1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Would you want one of these

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Mar 25, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

JMHO, but it doesn't do much for me. But in America, there's something for everyone.
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

looks like a 50cc 2 cycle engine....maybe good for around the block, not for comfort long rides..... cool for some, I will take my comfort on the glide!!!
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Actually, I have a friend (hard to believe) that just completed one of those mini choppers and it’s really fun to ride, it’s a bit smaller then that one though. I think it would be a great learning tool for younger and or unlearned folks that want to ride. Other than that, it’s just a toy and obviously not meant for the open road… JMO
  5. cardboard

When I was 14yrs old and lived in Ala. you could git a scooter license if you had a scooter that didn't have over so many horsepower. I used to ride it to school and everywhere. They used to have a sign at the interstate entrances, NO Scooters allowed.
    They wouldn't run but like 55mph wide open. But at 14yrs old, 55 was like flying back then.
    I had a Sears Allstate Compact scooter. I was cool back then.

I had my independence, I could take myself to school. Go to the store, my buddy's house, or go see a girlfriend. Most of the time I went to see Grandma. She was cool and could cook too.
    Gas back then was like 25cents a gallon if I remember right.

Puch DS50 Hungary
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  6. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

2/3rds through it gives specs. 110cc 4stroke, 4 speed Jockey/Foot shift Kick/electric start, 15"rear 18" front, rear drum front disc, 200lbs 80" long 25" seat height, 57mph max speed.

I have to agree with Killer-B, that would be a great learner. At $1500 starting price, it just might be an option for wifey (my wifey that is). Would be faster than trying to build her some little riceburner chopper to start on as well. So to answer the the title, yeah I think I would buy one, don't know that I will though LOL.
  7. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

It looks like a cool alternative to a moped but I don't think I'd want one of those either. Is it even street legal? I didn't see any directionals or a license plate.
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

$69 for speedo
    $59 license mount
    $89 signals

Went to their site and did a quote :D .

Here in WV I wouldn't have to add nothing but the plate bracket which I would make my own. Only thing bustin my chops here would be those goofy Apes. 15" above seat max height on bars. They offer drag bars though :roflmao:
  9. cardboard

Ya ain't never rode a bike with apes before ? They ain't as bad as you think. I even had em on my bicycle as a kid.
  10. AFBombBldr

AFBombBldr New Member

I think he's referring to his state law. The top of the bars can't be more than 15" above the seat. A lot of states have similar laws.

Joe <><
  11. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

State law yes, max 15" above seat (highest point driver's section unseated). Also Rode one NO. Like em NO. But that is what I love about bikes, they are so personal. You can make yours YOUR way, and if you likes it that is all that matters. Me I am leaning toward Z-bars for the Sporty LOL.
  12. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Id look like a fat man in a little suit on that thing.....
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

No thanks, I like my Dyna and it's 88 cubes. I want something that don't sound like a lawnmower on steroids.....:roflmao: