1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

WTB - Forward Controls for 1981 Ironhead Sportster

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by Doc1953, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Doc1953

Doc1953 New Member

Looking for a good set of used forward controls for my daughter's 1981 Sportster. I realize that there is not great chance that anyone has a set of these just laying around, but I thought I would check.

Let me know what you have and I will get back to you if I am interested.

:rocket_bike:

Doc
  2. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

I ride an 82, the only place I've found them is on e-bay
  3. Doc1953

Doc1953 New Member

Ironhead Forward Controls

That is pretty much the only place I have seen them as well. I am going to set up the bike without them first to see how things work out. I gong to lower the rear with shorter shocks, put on smaller diameter grips and newer hand controls. With the windshield, everything should be good expcet for the possible need for the forward controls, which I have seen at Debrix (I think).

Thanks!

Doc:cool: