1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wtf!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sbeamer, Feb 23, 2006.

1. sbeamer

sbeamer New Member

Man, I have ridden Harleys for almost 30 yrs. I had to go through the top end of my 96 Roadking these last few weeks to get it ready for Daytona. I did'nt have the luxury of looking for good deals on parts. This means, I had to buy EVERYTHING from the dealer! I know this is retarded, but time was not on my side. I needed parts that would slide right in, no questions about it. Can you say, $1000.00 ? No ****! That was all parts, except for honing, which was $119.00! Now you know why they have such pretty buildings. I've owned 10 H-D's through the years and I'm thinkin, this might be the last! H-D has begun to out-sourse parts from China like almost everybody else. Well, I can't see paying American prices for Chinese parts! We do the same thing where I work too. It SUCKS!! Point is, ALWAYS search around for better deals that are USA made, if you have the time. It will save you as much as 35%.. Hear me now believe me later! Sbeamer
  2. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    WTF>>>again

Yeah I hear ya...I didnt buy a new HD for years because of the BS they pulled back in the mid 90's with "shortages" and dealers taking bids for bikes. And what ya say is true, the greedy sob's have **** near ruined it. When I go in a new dealership.....it sucks. All the artsy fartsy sterile BS. But thats the way it is, if their computer breaks down they can't even find ya a part. Sad. Back before the company took is dealership away old man Brown in Dallas TX was one of my favorite places to go. Old wood floors with oil stains from decades of bikes sitting there. Ask for a part and the old man or one of his "boys" would just wlak and grab it. Or tell ya something beteer to use...but the days are gone. I stuck with HD when nobody but Cops and outlaws rode 'em....and a lot of cops were leaving the ship. All through the AMF bowling ball bikes and I thought **** it can't get any worse....well was I wrong lol!
  3. scooter

scooter New Member

It'll be a pretty sad day indeed when you have to buy a Honda or Yamaha or the like to have a bike that is 100% American made...:rolleyes:

scoot
  4. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Funny

When I picked up the dyna the other day it was funny. They had one old geezer in the parts dept knew the score the other guys were...well lets just say that they are gonna have nice beards once they can grow one. And i really had to struggle not to laugh as they explained to me why the super duper luggage rack and trip bag combo would be so much better than saddle bags...guess noone ever told him that ya wanna keep the weight low down and close to the center. *shrugs* Just as well, ****ed if I would pay what they were asking anyway.
    But, somebody will and does so more power to em!