1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ya got to love texas weather

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 8, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

spent 12 hrs in the saddle yesterday, just got in this evening...shorter ride, about 4 hrs and still tshirt weather......:) and yes i do suffer in august!!!:(
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

you suck! :witsend: It was 35 degrees and drizzling this morning when I went to work. Of course it got half-way decent by about 2:30 or so (maybe 40 degrees and some sun) but I didn't have time to get the bike out....:banghead: :gah:

Oh well, Good for you Chuck, at least somebody I know is ridin!!
  3. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I went riding yesterday too because here in West Texas we have about four days of cold weather moving in. Oh well, need some time to clean up the shop. When we went to Sturgis you could always spot the bikes from the cold climates because the owners had all winter to work on and polish them. Us Texans were of course too busy riding. LOL AL
  4. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

We only got 3 inches of snow last week so I figured why bother to shovel. Well it hasn't been much over 32 degrees at least not enough to melt the snow so what has melted and is packed down is now ice. :banghead: I'll have to put skate training wheels on the scoot if I want to ride.:roflmao:

Like voodoo said glad someone is riding or something to that affect. :D
  5. gutierg

gutierg New Member

chucktx,

Lucky bastards!! Good for you guys that you can get out and enjoy for 12 hrs? Where the hell did you go?

As voodoo was saying it was cold here in NJ, but yesterday we had a mini heat wave, we went up to 48 I believe? Anyway, good enough for about a 2 hr ride. I can only wish, we'd have a few more days like that. Is that not pathetic!!

Regards,
    German
  6. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i've got about a 1/2 mi long rutted, icy, greasey, muddy road to contend with:gah: before i can get on pavement, so it may be a while for me:mad:
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:rant:
  8. Goose

Goose New Member

Got in some ridin' on my dirt bike this afternoon. Tossed a bag of feed corn on it and road 25 miles down to my place to tend a feeder and bait a hog trap, then back. I had a riding jacket on because it's waterproof and there were clouds about, but I should have left it at home. It was a little warm, LOL!

Yeah, heck, I still have tomatoes growin'!:D They're in pots, had to put 'em in the shop the other night when it got down in the 30s, but it didn't freeze. Now, I'm out there sweatin' my butt off putting a tire on my SV650. Wing's down for the count right now, blown head gasket, got one on order. Good thing it ain't been cold cause that's my cold weather bike. Grass quit growin', though, nobody's been bringin' me lawn equipment to repair. This is the slack time of the year, but it's okay, it's hunting season. :D
  9. detailer57

detailer57 New Member

Hey Arizona has had more rain in the past week then we had in the past 9 months.

Got a little riding in today, rain Monday, so I can't ride into work. But after that, nothing but sunshine.

Yes, in th summer is bakes, but you can head for the hills and be cool. I love AZ.
  10. chucktx

another tshirt day....cloudy with sunshine....humid....nice when ya movin!
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm happy to say that the sun finally came out today in the Colorado mountains. I even saw some asphalt in places. Very exciting. I even unpacked my spare front fender a few minutes ago.
  12. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Hey detailer57 I used to live in Glendale, ever go to Hi Way Choppers? If not it is worth the trip just to check out the classic Harleys on display, they always treated me right. I was working out at Lake Pleasant during the New Waddell dam construction and I remember having to wear gloves in the summer because the air was so hot it would burn your hand. AL
  13. detailer57

detailer57 New Member

It is still there. I guess you have not been in a some time.
    yes, need to wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt in the summer. You will be baked.

Hi Way choppers, Glendale Ave, I think it is still there....I don't usually go to that part of town. Too much traffic.
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Got to about 80 yesterday can't ride much right now (bum knee) but sat on the tractor & got the lawn mowed :D
  15. BigJ

BigJ New Member

Hey wassup Cowboy,
    Yeah it was pretty nice yesterday, kinda humid for december though.
    Nice to be able to wear shorts and t-shirt. I remember wearing shorts
    and t-shirt one christmas about 3-4 years ago and then the next christmas
    it snowed. LOL, you just never know down here in SE Texas.
  16. gutierg

gutierg New Member

That is just not right, you guys are just having a blast rubbing it on! :witsend: The rest of us in the East Coast will only read and wish. Enjoy the good weather and hopefully you can log in lots of miles. Have a good one!

Regards,
    German
  17. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

they forgot to mention that when you ride year around abby, its indoors (the two big tubes at the top of the hill) round and round:roflmao: :roflmao: ya have to trailer it to the top though.:roflmao:
  18. chucktx

:D :roflmao: :D
  19. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, my bike's still in Milwaukee. I'm glad I wasn't in a big rush.
  20. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Rode Friday, friday nite, saturday and saturday nite in a T-shirt. Man please. It was nice. Had to put a sweatshirt on today to ride till the afternoon. It got back up toward 70 or so. I tried to break my new pipes in some. All in all had a nice friday, saturday and sunday riding and partying.
    I'm enjoying winter so far in Texas.